Black series XWing Pilot helmet up for pre-order on Amazon

GBRyker61

I was just checking Amazon looking to buy a Black Series Darth Vader helmet, when I unexpectedly stumbled across the Black Series X-Wing Pilot helmet.

The Black series is rapidly becoming my favorite for reasonably priced helmets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-19-10-19-19.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-19-10-19-19.png
    823.2 KB · Views: 721
The Black Series Poe is a great base for cheaper helmets, I just finished up a custom design and had a blast. Can’t wait to play with this one!

LOL.
Luke was a snowboarder in the battle on hot.

Features & details
  • Premium electronic helmet: featuring highly-detailed deco, movie-inspired design, interior padding, lights, and sound FX, this full-scale replica of Luke skywalker's iconic helmet is a great addition to any fan's collection
  • Light and sound FX battle simulation: 3 internal speakers create a surround sound experience and synchronized LED lights inside the visor simulate the blasts of enemy vehicles
  • Inspired by the Star Wars saga: whether Piloting an X-Wing or a snowboarder, Luke Skywalker wore his iconic helmet into battle against the empire
  • Battle of Yavin or Battle of hot?: flip the switch inside the helmet to choose between a simulation of Piloting an X-Wing at the Battle of Yavin or a snowboarder at the Battle of hot
  • The black series Collectibles: look for other premium roleplay items and figures from Star Wars the black series (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

I’ve seen this announcement within the last week on several Star Wars toy collectors sites.

But here’s the thing....

This helmet has been listed on Amazon and GameStop way back in April on the same day the product has been announced at Celebration.

Read this post from 14 April...

I’ve had mine on order since that time.

LOL.
Luke was a snowboarder in the battle on hot.

Features & details
  • Premium electronic helmet: featuring highly-detailed deco, movie-inspired design, interior padding, lights, and sound FX, this full-scale replica of Luke skywalker's iconic helmet is a great addition to any fan's collection
  • Light and sound FX battle simulation: 3 internal speakers create a surround sound experience and synchronized LED lights inside the visor simulate the blasts of enemy vehicles
  • Inspired by the Star Wars saga: whether Piloting an X-Wing or a snowboarder, Luke Skywalker wore his iconic helmet into battle against the empire
  • Battle of Yavin or Battle of hot?: flip the switch inside the helmet to choose between a simulation of Piloting an X-Wing at the Battle of Yavin or a snowboarder at the Battle of hot
  • The black series Collectibles: look for other premium roleplay items and figures from Star Wars the black series (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)
That's hilarious!

Here's some close ups of the helmet:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-08.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-08.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 579
  • Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-16.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-16.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-18.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-18.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 486
  • Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-23.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-23.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 499
  • Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-26.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-26.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 541
  • Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-42.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-24-22-34-42.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 476
I’ve seen this announcement within the last week on several Star Wars toy collectors sites.

But here’s the thing....

This helmet has been listed on Amazon and GameStop way back in April on the same day the product has been announced at Celebration.

Read this post from 14 April...

I’ve had mine on order since that time.

Ohhh, okay. Yea I missed watching SWC19 so I wasn't aware of the helmet's exsistence until the day I decided to finally buy the Darth Vader helmet.

I wonder if it'll be big enough for people with melons as large as mine. I wear a hat anywhere between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 and one size rarely ever fits all.

I wonder if it'll be big enough for people with melons as large as mine. I wear a hat anywhere between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 and one size rarely ever fits all.
The helmet is a little smaller than it should be so it might be a tight fit. Though if it's like the Poe Dameron helmet, you might be able to remove the padding inside to make it fit better.

The helmet is a little smaller than it should be so it might be a tight fit. Though if it's like the Poe Dameron helmet, you might be able to remove the padding inside to make it fit better.
Thanks, I only saw the Poe one from the outside of the box at the local Toys 'B' Us before they went belly-up.
I assumed that since they were apparently aiming at the toy market, they'd make it a little smaller than I would need. Heck, I would have needed a XL size even when I was a kid. Imagine Charlie Brown with hair and a very thin body and that's what I looked like as a kid...

Have dimensions been released as I keep hearing and seeing people say its smaller than it should be?

No. People are just going off what they ar e seeing at Celebration. And that is inconclusive. Click in this thread:
The black series helmets are geared to serious/adult collectors. Basically all previous black series helmets have been pretty true to scale. The Vader had some issues but scale was not one. As far as fit, I think a lot of it tends to be restrictive to larger heads due to the way inner shells are made to hold the electronics, So that tends take up some space, Some people have gutted the interior/electronics and made their own interior that allowed for larger size heads.

No. People are just going off what they ar e seeing at Celebration. And that is inconclusive. Click in this thread:
The black series helmets are geared to serious/adult collectors. Basically all previous black series helmets have been pretty true to scale. The Vader had some issues but scale was not one. As far as fit, I think a lot of it tends to be restrictive to larger heads due to the way inner shells are made to hold the electronics, So that tends take up some space, Some people have gutted the interior/electronics and made their own interior that allowed for larger size heads.
I appreciate that, thank you. I should have been more direct with my question as it was really geared towards the X-wing pilot helmet being released later this year. Gutted my trooper helmets and padded to my liking.

Scale was a major issue on the Vader. Face was to big and dome was too small. It was all over the place in terms of scale.

IMG_4779.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back