Black Series Obi Wan Vader versus EFX Vader

PHArchivist

Master Member
Had the Black Series Obi Wan Vader Reveal delivered today...

I remember the version that I picked up in late 2017, (and promptly returned). As the community has come to know, this new one is far better.

Here's some comps to my EFX Vader.

Enjoy...

IMG_9455.jpg

EFX on your left

IMG_9456.jpg

Need to polish the EFX! Not sure if it was more dull to begin with, or just tamped down due to years of dust

IMG_9457.jpg

Lenses on the Black Series are true red; EFX are orange

IMG_9458.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg
IMG_9463.jpg

Noses are a tad different

IMG_9464.jpg

EFX chin is slightly wonky

IMG_9465.jpg

BS chin is machine-straight, with mold seams; neck has a seam as well.

Attachments

• IMG_9462.jpg
    IMG_9462.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9461.jpg
    IMG_9461.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, sometimes it is difficult to explain what the differences are without having an image with the 2 side by side to people who have not seen a replica of Vader in person.

Is it possible to set the eFx dome on the Hasbro mask? It seems to me that while the Hasbro mask is wider, the impression is accentuated by the undersized dome. It might look better with an appropriately sized dome.

Per my suggestion above, could anyone post a pic of a properly sized dome on the BS face mask? I think it would provide for a slightly less odd overall appearance. Even a quick photoshop render might be enough to give a good idea of what it would look like. Thanks.

Per my suggestion above, could anyone post a pic of a properly sized dome on the BS face mask? I think it would provide for a slightly less odd overall appearance. Even a quick photoshop render might be enough to give a good idea of what it would look like. Thanks.

Yes please. Can you just put the EFX dome on the BS Mask?

Thanks

It’s the original black series mask and not the Kenobi release, but hey what do you want for free?

BS Face and neck, and a rusty EFX PCR dome. This is where the dome naturally wanted to seat itself, but it’s just resting on top loosely IMG_3995.jpegIMG_3996.jpegIMG_3997.jpeg

I just looked through the original BS Vader thread and it turns out there was a bunch of pics with either the EFX or Rubies domes. Duh! It occurs to me it might be an idea to do a run of properly sized domes engineered to mate with the BS. I'd be interested... Depending on price.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back