Black Series Darth Vader Helmet Mod Thread!

Jennigirl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Post your mods, and mod progress.
Let's have some fun!
Trimmed the brow of the dome, eventually I will add about an inch to the dome height, and a 1/4" lip on the interior like the originals, and 1" to the neck length.
An accurate neck brace, and aluminum tusks.
There is still much to be done.
20180413_164312.jpg
20180413_073202.jpg

That was fast!!!! What did you use to trim the dome? I get mine Sunday and just want to trim the widows peak back.
I hope to paint the gun metal,but am afraid of not doing an adequate masking job on the upper part of the mask.

I wonder if a tiny bit of Bondo or some putty is enough to fix the nose. It should be rounded on the inside, not angled flat. Then color is silver afterwards.

I'm looking to replace the plastic grating underneath the mouth with actual metal grating. Anyone have any pointers on what to use?

You can take screws out of inside to get to the grill.4 around foam in the top,4 around eye rubber,1 above nose,2 each side of grill.whole middle piece lifts out

Not sure if it's the cheapest or most accurate route but it's certainly fast and readily available...
I've always been partial to Vader grill by FRAM.
FRAM.jpg

I'm a bit new to the costume game. Been in sabers forever. Can anyone tell me where I would go to find a voice changer that could be used with this? Also does anyone know if it's possible to have the breathing continue without having to press the button every 5 breaths? Thanks very much for the help! I know it may not be totally accurate but I love it so far.

I'm a bit new to the costume game. Been in sabers forever. Can anyone tell me where I would go to find a voice changer that could be used with this? Also does anyone know if it's possible to have the breathing continue without having to press the button every 5 breaths? Thanks very much for the help! I know it may not be totally accurate but I love it so far.

While there isn't a perfect voice changer for Darth Vader, you can get a breathing device that sounds very nice.

What paint are you using and how are you applying it? Air brush?

This really transforms the entire thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used duplicolor paint in a rattle can. I am not experienced with an air brush. The key was masking everything including the vents really well. I was happy with the paints on those so i masked them. This weekend, if im patient enough to wait, I will do some rub n buff on some of the interior parts...maybe put in some real wire. I also slightly sanded the dome where the widows peak would be. It looks really nice in person now even with the dome. It doesn't look nearly as off as it did before. Im loving it.
0418181120.jpg

Attachments

• 0418181114.jpg
    0418181114.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,801
I used duplicolor paint in a rattle can. I am not experienced with an air brush. The key was masking everything including the vents really well. I was happy with the paints on those so i masked them. This weekend, if im patient enough to wait, I will do some rub n buff on some of the interior parts...maybe put in some real wire. I also slightly sanded the dome where the widows peak would be. It looks really nice in person now even with the dome. It doesn't look nearly as off as it did before. Im loving it.
View attachment 810658

This is nuts! Do you have the exact color paint you used? I can’t believe the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back