Black Series Boba Fett Re-Armored Repaint

PHArchivist

Master Member
Don't get excited - haven't even started yet, and I work SLOW...!

But check this out - the colors are pretty dead-on to colors I discovered a few years back when painting my Screamin' 1/4 scale Fett.

These are Rust-Oleum's Moss and Sage. Slightly lighter than the Black Series helmet, but damn close. Close enough that I am not question if I just need to add my own weathering over the top of the factory finish.

What do you think?
IMG_4095.JPG
IMG_4096.JPG
IMG_4098.JPG
IMG_4099.JPG

All right, bro, I’ve obviously missed a chunk of the story. Is that the Black Series “re-painted” Fett bucket? If so, my dumb ass can’t figure out what you’re doing to it.
OR, are you repainting a Fett helmet to match the “re-painted” version? Because if that’s the case, you my friend, are truly an artist!

All right, bro, I’ve obviously missed a chunk of the story. Is that the Black Series “re-painted” Fett bucket? If so, my dumb ass can’t figure out what you’re doing to it.
OR, are you repainting a Fett helmet to match the “re-painted” version? Because if that’s the case, you my friend, are truly an artist!

I now have both Black Series Fett helmets.

I initially planned on re-doing the classic ESB, but it is so close to be perfect, that I decided not to mess with it.

I personally don't like the clean look of the re-armored, so figured that will make a good canvas to re-paint as the ESB version.

I now have both Black Series Fett helmets.

I initially planned on re-doing the classic ESB, but it is so close to be perfect, that I decided not to mess with it.

I personally don't like the clean look of the re-armored, so figured that will make a good canvas to re-paint as the ESB version.
And im wicked excited to see where this goes, will you be using stencils or going free hand?

Let's get this party started...

Caught a video of Savage re-working a Mando helmet; inspired me to jump right in.

I decided to keep the left ear; the color is not too bad at all, and the white graphic works. This will save me time in the project.

Also going to keep the grey of the cheeks; same reasons.

Blasted it with my fave - Rust-O-Leum Grey Sandable Primer; its -uh - breezy here in Hell, so it was aggravating spraying. But it is also warm and dry, so other than the wind, not a bad day to paint.

Wanted to add color today, but I have to sand this thing with 400 or 600 first.

Here is The Grey Ghost (fog camo):

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back