Black Series 1/12 Rey's Speeder Repaint Finished!

korben44

Master Member
I have another toy conversion in the works... I'm really digging all the 1/12 stuff out there. Anyway... Here's my before pictures:

F8908304-35DD-4AA2-AABF-68798916107E.jpeg 53895CC5-DB51-4115-BE40-3F74675339AF.jpeg ECFAC5AF-1383-460C-B2FA-CFB110F65618.jpeg F7FD3EF2-0929-4612-9EE0-95D5CE792B72.jpeg BCFB2727-5F08-4A00-B8B0-0809A3D32595.jpeg C7039F71-A8AB-4899-B569-09025C5F128F.jpeg B6E134A3-584F-4443-B332-0DDB36EF3D07.jpeg 94D412AB-B2B8-41B3-93C2-1D091F4C4A47.jpeg A5DC19A4-727F-4599-82EE-57EFB71D656F.jpeg

Hey korben , I picked up one of these & Luke’s Landspeeder during the toys r us sell off late last year over here in Oz ! So , I’ve subbed onto this other build of your’s too now !(y)

Not sure if you’re familiar with a magazine called ‘ Damaged ‘ - it’s a weathering & worn - modelling mag published by Abteilung 502 (modelling products crew!) .
Anyway , I’ve been collecting these as well for future reference and inspiration , and their issue #4 has a seriously impressive feature on just such a mod for this speeder . Just thought you might want to check it out !?;)

Ged

I order the magazine from BNA Models here in Oz , but I’m not really sure where you’d find it locally in the U.S. ?
The only Model Supplier that has been advertising it over there (to the best of my knowledge) is - ‘ FineScale Modeler ‘ .
I apologise in advance again for not being able to provide you a direct link mate (I suck at computers!) , but I’m sure you’ll find them with a quick ‘net search , or maybe someone on here can help !?;)
The work done by the guy modding his in the mag is absolutely stunning though!

p.s It’s actually called ‘ Damaged Magazine ‘ by Abteilung 502 .
You’re after #4 , Good luck!

Last edited:
I bought the digital version of that magazine for $3 US... Thanks for the help on that! The guy did some really great work with his and gave me some ideas as to what I need to do to mine. Obviously, I need to make mine as good now, if not better. This is what I love about our community... pushing each other to be better!

It’s a double edged sword ain’t it ? At least that’s how I view it at times .

Just when you think you’re on the right track and have everything humanly possible planned out and considered for a build/project , you invariably stumble across something new or inspirational (especially if like me - you go out searching for it :lol:) , from fellow enthusiasts .
It’s the extra time , effort , and especially expense (lately) that’s difficult to reign in..., but yeah , the pro’s generally outweigh the con’s when it comes to working on and experiencing something you truly enjoy come to fruition !;)

It certainly helps me focus and step back for a minute... re-evaluate where I'm at in the process, then move forward. For me, it's about perfecting my craft now. I think I have a good foundation, but my goal is to present the most believable pieces I can. Scale modeling is about fooling the eye, after all. With so many talented people out there, I feel constantly motivated to be better and do better.

One of my big problems is I tend to want to get things done quickly. And in doing so, I skip on certain things that could have made my works better. Patience is key. The other issue I have is finishing projects. But, from knowing some other modelers, and reading information on the internet, a lot of builders have that same problem...lol...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back