Black Series 1/12 Rey's Speeder Repaint Finished!

sbaxter

I bought one of those (and the Black Series release of Luke's landspeeder) with the same goal in mind; you've certainly raised the bar with your results!

Looking at the well-detailed engine section makes me hope against hope that they might one day do a similar Black Series release of the airspeeder Anakin boosts for the Coruscant chase in AotC. The existing toy's rubber engines are hopeless, and scratch-building replacements is well beyond me.

SSB

stevielewis

That looks so much better than it did originally. Great job!
As far as displaying it, look for a motorized turn-table with a slow speed or adjustable speed.

korben44

Sr Member
That looks so much better than it did originally. Great job!
As far as displaying it, look for a motorized turn-table with a slow speed or adjustable speed.
Thanks! I'll definitely look to motorize a turntable. I do have some small motors... Just need to figure out how to connect it to a small turntable.

Purple Yoda

Great work. Would you mind telling me what paint you used on the engines? I can't seem to find a product that looks that good when it comes to replicating an aluminum look. Thanks.

korben44

Sr Member
Great work. Would you mind telling me what paint you used on the engines? I can't seem to find a product that looks that good when it comes to replicating an aluminum look. Thanks.
Thanks! I use Rub n Buff to replicate a metal look. It's great stuff!

orthofox

Yep, that’s brilliant. I always pick up so many details and tips from your threads...things I try to incorporate into my own builds. Great stuff!