Black Ops 2

Right, that's what i was remembering -- the brouhaha about those guys leaving Activision and striking out on their own. It'll be interesting to see the future of the franchise with them gone now.

Man, the new Uber supression explains why I got my supression medal so easily. Before the patch, I occasionally got supression ribbons mainly because I killed whatever I was shooting at. I think before the patch I had 20/50 ribbons. As soon as the patch hit, I was getting like 3 or 4 supression ribbons a round. They really need to tweak it.

Suppression is definitely horrible on this new patch. I don't know what their end game is on all this, maybe they're forcing squads to use legitimate tactics instead of running head first into a group. Rushing headfirst is occasionally your only option of course!

Still too much IMO, I'll probably switch to Squad suppression, if it helps enough.

No, they just screwed up. Same as they did with the MASS.

Like I said, the "end game" for me was just to end the game and play other stuff instead unless and until they sort this crap out. Similar stuff happened with BC2, as I recall, albeit more glaring -- they had a patch that totally boned server connections, so it made the game almost unplayable online. Took 'em at least 3 months to fix.

I wouldn't expect they'll get this sorted any time soon. They're probably more focused on that useless "Close quarters" DLC which I won't be buying.

I'd love it if they made an upgrade for the humvee's and dune buggies where if you score enough kills you can upgrade the 50. To a MK.19.

I dunno, man. I'm kinda done with "upgrades" and such. I remember when people played games to play the games, not to unlock more toys.

Well, enough people are running their servers with bans on the Mass, and I noticed a sharp decline in it's use. I see the added suppression as a get out of dodge option only now.
Haven't had too much of an issue, however, it has shown me that my Vizio does suck as a HDTV.

The issue with suppression is this:

The game has -- and always has had -- a conefire mechanic in it. Crosshair spread, conefire, whatever you want to call it. You shoot your gun and there's an area within which it hits randomly. The bullets don't go exactly where the barrel points. As I said, this was true before and after the patch.

The thing is, suppression not only increases recoil and blurs the screen -- it ALSO increases conefire. Before the patch this wasn't a huge deal. After the patch, though, with suppression jacked through the roof, it's a BIG problem.

You may have noticed that often when you're in CQC with an opponent, you may have your sight DIRECTLY on his body and may only be about 20 feet away. You fire, and for whatever reason still miss. This is probably because you're suppressed, and your bullets are flying wide in spite of the close distance. Basically it mans that the bullets exit the barrel of your gun and then I guess fly at like a 30 degree angle instead of straight on.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of conefire in FPS games in general, but I could tolerate it before the patch. After the patch, though, it's just freakin' stupid. For example, slap a Kobra sight on an SKS and try engaging someone at close range while suppressed. You'll probably miss quite a bit even if your sight is right on your target.

It's asinine and it's DIRECTLY caused by the ridiculously increased suppression. Between that and the MASS, I just quit the game. I got tired of trying to "make" a game be fun for me when it wasn't. I've got better things to do with my time. If and when DICE fixes this crap, maybe I'll come back, but I have to say I'm NOT impressed with how they've managed BF3. Oh, and their claims of drastically increased DLC options as compared to Bad Company 2? Total bunk from what I can tell.

I am looking forward to Black Ops 2 as I much prefer Black Ops to Modern Warfare 3. The spawn points frustrait me so much in MW3 that I don't even want to play it.

Damn, now that I think about it I have noticed some ridiculous CQC moments where I pulled a Han Solo and still got killed.

And now you know why. Try it with a bolt action rifle for even more rage-inducing laughs. Essentially, suppression turns your weapon into this:

Steampunk-Maverick-Nerf-Blunderbuss.jpg

The fact that the last few COD games have been great successes in terms of sale and revenue, the franchise is, understandably, reluctant to make any major changes.

However, it's been said already: at which point are the games too similar. I remember the first time I played MW3, visually I couldn't really tell the difference, sure some things are different but all in all it's pretty much the same...

This franchise needs some new blood, but most importantly they need to realize that the people are starting to get bored very quickly.

completely agree.

we buy them cuz all our friends are going to buy them and be on for the next few months ranking up.

sad that we don't look for the betterment of the game instead. i haven't ordered BO2 as i need to see more before i just play a reskined B.OPs 1.

they need advancement in the game...not just a new perk or new game type. it needs more period. since treyarch is diffused...it will be this culmination of companies to create the new COD franchises....i may have to wait for next gen console before i buy another version of these games. just gets boring but i still favor BF3 for those who truely want to play objectively. if i got noone on...i play MW3 and in MW3 you can always lone wolf it and do well. doesn't work so much in BF3 i find...or at least i'll come across teams all the time that control air, tank teams, and objective teams capping while slayers are supporting them. those games end fast and i go negative quickly as i try to take back the objective by myself. and even if i try and camp....its hard when you have a whole team working together vs 1. where as Mw3...you can kinda take on a whole team if your good. similar to free for all.

and the reviews have been praising it for upping the ante...

I'm off to Gamestop TONIGHT! Anyone care to refute these claims of it being a great game?

im not a huge gamer , I have played all the modern warfare games, for me its mindless FUN . I enjoyed the game (took my kids to the midnight release) the ubercool flight suits and jetpacks don't live up to the expectations , but the game itself is fun

I've always liked the cod black ops games. They were different and pretty entertaining in my opinion. I don't know what all the hate is about. I personally enjoy the nazi zombie story it has which was really interesting and the new one on black ops 2 is really cool and I love how they made it into the future with all the technology. Just wish the graphics were better.

I was enjoying myself somewhat last night. It's a far cry from the open world of BF3 but it has other cool ideas in there.

Only thing I really hate are the players. On BLOPs 2 they are some of the biggest douches I've encountered in a while.

For instance: Playing Hardcore TDM, doing really good.

Someone drops a care package then gets killed before they can grab it. I go over and use it. Mind you the whole time I can hear two guys chatting about how I "Stole" his care package and I can hear them giving me a blow-by-blow of how they're both reporting me for cheating. Leave the game and get a "friendly" text message from one of them.

Which is why I stay with the Halo community. :popcorn

Seriously, though: There will always be d-bags in video gaming. I have gotten to the point that I will mute all players, except for friends of course.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back