Black Hole costume help

Jango Wes

Sr Member
I’ve been searching for quite a while to try and identify the fabric used for the Holland and Pizer uniforms to no avail. I’ve found numerous “ok” pics but nothing that would give a definitive lead. Would anyone here have and idea what was used, pics of the screen used ones or just outright know what it was? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

I just noticed that Disney has remastered The Black Hole to Blu Ray and it’s out as an anniversary edition. I ordered new copy on eBay for $35.

Blu ray has very good zoom features, so it might be worth getting the Blu Ray and the do some zooming and possible screen shots - at minimum it will give better clues to the Fabrics than old stills or dvd version (it didn’t get a remastered, was just ported from VCS rape).

I just noticed that Disney has remastered The Black Hole to Blu Ray and it’s out as an anniversary edition. I ordered new copy on eBay for $35.

Blu ray has very good zoom features, so it might be worth getting the Blu Ray and the do some zooming and possible screen shots - at minimum it will give better clues to the Fabrics than old stills or dvd version (it didn’t get a remastered, was just ported from VCS rape).

Thank you! I like this idea.

Wes

If I remember right they were sort of a knit flghtsuit. Very '70s. There was a RPF user who made Palimino patches years ago. I know there was a thread about this but cannot remember when. I apologize.

I watched it on Blu Ray. Believe it or not, the jackets are actually a Pique fabric (woven with a miniature waffle effect). That sort of fabric was used for Victorian formal white vests.

I watched it on Blu Ray. Believe it or not, the jackets are actually a Pique fabric (woven with a miniature waffle effect). That sort of fabric was used for Victorian formal white vests.

THANK YOU. This will definitely help narrow down the search. I could make out the raised lines and waffle pattern I just didn’t know it had a name!

Wes

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back