Black and Gold Iron Man armor

Empir3

Hey all, I was looking for any advice / help that any are willing to spare. I have never made a costume before but I have always wanted too plus I have some model painting skills . I wanted to build my own Iron Man suit based on his marvel now black and gold suit. I was curious if there were any templates already out there for this suit ? Please share any build advice etc that you are willing I have seen some videos on YouTube but it seems I am undertaking a huge task .

Thanks in advance
/Emp

Here is the armor in question that I would like to build . Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hey, I'm excited to see this suit built it's one of my favorites! As far as templates go I don't think there is an official template for this armor, but you might be able to piece it together using templates from several armor templates. Here is a link to another page where you can download pep files for several IM armors and some other cool stuff. Hope this helped, I'm looking forward to seeing the armor in action.

Hey, I'm excited to see this suit built it's one of my favorites! As far as templates go I don't think there is an official template for this armor, but you might be able to piece it together using templates from several armor templates. Here is a link to another page where you can download pep files for several IM armors and some other cool stuff. Hope this helped, I'm looking forward to seeing the armor in action.

Thanks for the link! Its pretty awesome that there is a template for the extremis armor, that was the other suit I wanted todo but I assumed the movie style suits were easier. So this might be a good back up option. I don't think any of those files would help kit bash the black and gold suit but I really appreciate the link. The entire process seems like it should be fun it is all just very foreign to me. I just learned a bit about the templates yesterday

Your best bet is to find a template for Bleeding Edge and paint it black and gold and if not that modify Extremis

Yea I See where you are co.img from but I want whatever armor I do to be accurate. If im gonna put in the work I want to be happy with the results, that said I want to use a premade design. Creating one would just be another thing to learn and I do not want to make a custon. I am leaning toward just making a standard extremis build.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/jfcustoms-foam-files-148889/?highlight=Jfcustom+foam+files

This link will take you to all available Iron Man suits on the RPF forum.All you have to do is ajust your colour.Enjoy

Thanks man this list is super helpful. I am thinking of going with one of these extremis builds. I dont see that costume often and i would prefer a comic design.

Last edited:
I just realized these are foam files would these still work for making it out of card and fiberglass then molding it?
Yes.When you open Pepakura,go to your 2D settings and check the line that says:"Show flaps" (if I remember correctly).That'll give you the extra paper strip along the edges (omitted for foam builds) to assemble your paper build,then treat it with fiberglass.

I have the Marvel Now .OBJ model with texture, if someone is up for doing the legwork and converting it to pep. LMK, and I'll upload it. Think I pulled it from one of the games.

Yes.When you open Pepakura,go to your 2D settings and check the line that says:"Show flaps" (if I remember correctly).That'll give you the extra paper strip along the edges (omitted for foam builds) to assemble your paper build,then treat it with fiberglass.

Awesome Thanks!

i believe that is the mark 20 python suit, there are better images on google images http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...oes/images/3/3a/Iron_Man_Marvel_Now_Model.jpg

No this is a comic design not a movie suit. I think the python is inspired by it maybe.

I have the Marvel Now .OBJ model with texture, if someone is up for doing the legwork and converting it to pep. LMK, and I'll upload it. Think I pulled it from one of the games.

That would be fantastic if someone were up for it. I would be down but I have no experience. Do you have an image of the suit from the file?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back