Bit Of A Newbie...can Someone Help...

The Hunt3r

My 16th birthday is coming and i'm hosting a private convention...i need help with creating my body suit...i am in the process of creating my predator mask yet that is all i have. No armor. No skin...i am aware of the mr.incredible approach yet am unsatisfied with the look and wish to make one from zero....Help is appreciated...thanks :)

The other way is to use a material muscle suit (like rambo) and paint on the skin textures and patterns using fabric paints - this goes the same for the legs, you using leotards or leggings and fabric paint them. I have a few pictures in my gallery of my muscle suit that was made this way - check 'em out they may help.

If not, another option is to use the search bar at the top - if your specific it can be quite handy.

Cheers

Double H

If you want something that looks 100% like the real thing, then you kinda need to use the same process they used. Catch is, the price tag for that is at least $4500. If your budget can accommodate, great, but if not, then you are stuck fabricating with foam and latex on a generic suit. It really does boil down to funds.

My first attempt i used a normal rambo top but now to make it better i cut the rambo arms off and attached to a t shirt which i feel more comfortable in. Now im just using cotton wool pleat from Wilkinson with liquid latex i got from ebay. Now i can mold out the skin the way i want.

I also started off with a low budget my self and the most expensive thing i paid for was the mask which i then painted my self.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/26078-my-2nd-attempt-on-a-predator-outfit/

Hope that helps

well, budget would be best lol

There the cheapest method we can offer is to make the skin using a muscle or rambo suit and paint with fabric paints etc, make the armour in the cheapest method you can find (foamies are a great start) and have you got a bio for your mask?

What version of Predator are you basing your costume on? P1, P2, AVP etc

My original was 'scrapping the bottom of the barrel' and I made the armour from card. I have now in the process of updating my armour using foamies (which are awesome). There are several topics in the costume area of the forum that can assist you in making your costume the 'cheap' way and as I stated in previous post for specific searches try using the forum search bar.

Hope this helps and good luck my

Double H

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back