Bioshock Infinite Machine gun build FINISHED ! Pictures on page 2 !

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
I recently started a new build , The Rolston Reciprocating Repeater from Bioshock Infinite.
Triple-r_ad_1.png

I'm just getting started so I only have a couple pics, there is so much more work to do !

repeater progress4.jpg

The top pic is mostly a mockup to make sure I have the scaling right, It;s 33 inches long based off of a British submachine gun that the Triple R was loosely based from. The lower pic is from today where I started shaping the stock, which is made from red oak. More to come !

repeater progress5.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bioshock Infinite Triple R Repeater build WIP

Nice man! I too am building a Bioshock weapon, the pistol from the first game with all the upgrades

SWEET. Another of your gun builds for me to follow! :D LOVE your work. Was this a commission, or just something you love and wanted to make?

SWEET. Another of your gun builds for me to follow! :D LOVE your work. Was this a commission, or just something you love and wanted to make?

I saw someone post a picture of it on Facebook and loved it. When I played through the game I used this gun 90% of the time and wanted to build one for myself so bad that I caved in. Thanks for the kind words !

I finished shaping the stock today and sanded with 60 and 100 grit paper. I still have to cut about a half inch off the front and it will be ready for stain.

repeater progress6.jpg

Re: Bioshock Infinite Machine gun build WIP

I was pretty lazy today and am watching a Star Wars marathon, but i did get into the shop today and work on the barrel assembly a little. I also found a good 3d model of the machine gun which will help out a lot.

repeater progress7.jpg

(Edit) after the last pic, I added the trim ring around the front of the shroud and mounted a threaded fitting to the rear shroud plate.

repeater progress9.jpg

Last edited:

I did a little work on the machine gun tonight, I built the sights which pretty much finished up fabrication of the barrel assembly. Tomorrow after a run to Lowe's for a 90cent part I will get cracking on the middle section again.

repeater progress10.jpg

I didn't work on the Repeater very long today, but I did get to add a few details and get some primer on it. I made the bolt slide plate from MDF and brushed it with super glue so I could sand it smooth without the "fuzzies". I also went back at the stock and shaped it down a little more with a wood rasp and belt sander. I think I need to get me some of that chocolate colored primer that is all the rage with the prop builders right now, lol. Here is a mock-up of what I have so far.

repeater progress11.jpg

Kinda had a setback today when I realized that my receiver parts for the Repeater wasn't going to work, so I had to start that part over. The one on the top is the old one, and the one on the bottom I made tonight. Tomorrow I will cut out the trigger assembly and hopefully start mocking up the magazine parts.

repeater progress12.jpg

I was pretty productive today, I got everything I have done so far actually mounted so it can be picked up as a whole piece now. I did a lot of work to the receiver and other details, and also sanded the heck out of the stock. I'm getting really pumped about this build! I wish more people here were !

repeater progress13.jpgrepeater progress14.jpgrepeater progress15.jpg

Looks fantastic! Will you be going for the normal ingame colours or the goldy one from the preorder?

I worked on fabricating the ammo clip and the part on the gun it goes in to, I have no idea what that's called. I couldn't resist walking around the house with this and pretending to shoot everything ! I still need to make the rear sight and some decorative greeblies and such, but it almost looks the part ! The ammo clip is removable and will be secured with magnets.

repeater progress16.jpgrepeater progress18.jpg

Wow, this is looking really nice. From my knowledge, a magazine attaches to the chamber of a gun but I don't know if the extension that we see would still be called a chamber...

Wow, this is looking really nice. From my knowledge, a magazine attaches to the chamber of a gun but I don't know if the extension that we see would still be called a chamber...

A few people commented on my Facebook page that it was called a mag well, sounds good to me. Thanks for the compliment !

Today was the last day of my vacation, and I actually finished all the main parts of the machine gun tonight ! I built the rear sight assembly which actually has a moving part, and I made a knob for the bolt (is that right?). The Sights were a pain in the ***** ! The knob is made from red oak like the stock. I used my drill press like a lathe and used my dremel to shape it . All I have left are minor trim pieces, the trigger, and to finish the butt plate that I already cut out.

repeater progress22.jpg

Re: Bioshock Infinite Machine gun build WIP ALMOST DONE !

This looks to be an extremely fluid building! I guess after a while of doing gun builds, each one sort of falls into a pattern of which piece always gets built first.

So with that knob...I'm trying to imagine how you did that. Did you basically put a small cube on the end of the drill press, to have something to hold it in place, and then just sanded away at it with the Dremel until you got that rounded knobby shape?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back