StaggzCosplay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
17255336-3A17-4DA5-8194-A9A6B7AD5EFB.jpeg
883A460C-5F03-4BB9-8EC6-254EEDB8245A.jpeg
F8548455-0C1D-4C2D-A3A8-C0EE6B07F7C0.jpeg
007DE9C8-BA34-469F-AEC2-CA6F83BB99F1.jpeg
27209F05-00CB-41E3-864E-F1DD1073B9F6.jpeg

Disclaimer: this project has changed courses among the couple of years I’ve been working on it. Above is the current stage it is in. See page 2 for beginning of this version of the build progress

Last edited:
Amazing work so far! Following, and excited for future updates!

I’ve tossed around the idea of doing a Bouncer or a Rosie for yeeeeears. What are your plans for the suit? I completely agree on your keeping the game “girth”, and curious if you have any ideas on how to carry that over into the dive suit.

Best of luck!

Amazing work so far! Following, and excited for future updates!

I’ve tossed around the idea of doing a Bouncer or a Rosie for yeeeeears. What are your plans for the suit? I completely agree on your keeping the game “girth”, and curious if you have any ideas on how to carry that over into the dive suit.

Best of luck!
Thank you so much!
So I do have a couple of ideas. First off the shoes and gloved hand will be done like Volpin did his. So, an arm extension with a moveable hand and then pink foam sanded into the shape of the boot with a shoe inside for my foot. I’ll only add about 7 or so inches with the shoes, as the helmet will easily add over 3 inches as well. Being about 6’1-6’2 already, I’m hoping to push 7 feet in the whole thing. I’ll be adding about 3ish inches of shoulder padding to it as well to make it sit right on my shoulders along with a “Michelin man” style foam suit that I’ll wear under the foam suit. Looking at the game models, they aren’t built like humans even in the slightest. They almost have gorilla like arms and they’re just generally thick all over without any real muscle structure. So I’ll be making a padded suit to wear underneath the whole thing and then sewing a custom diving suit to wear over it. I prefer to use mattress style foam for padding, personally.
Will it be comfortable? No. Will it be hot in the GA and FL heat? Absolutely, but I always sacrifice comfort for accuracy in my costumes so it definitely doesn’t bother me. I have an ice vest I’ve worn with some costumes before, and a camelback, so that might come in handy for this guy! No where for any fans to go or else I’d throw some of those in the helmet... again, accuracy over comfort haha.

Looks amazing! I'm excited to follow and see the rest of the costume come together. I'm glad you're bulking out your frame and extending your arms and legs--I think the biggest failure with most Big Daddy cosplayers is "bobblehead syndrome", and it sounds like you've nipped it in the bud.

Do you mind if I ask how you achieved your finish? What were your texturing/painting techniques? I've been wanting to re-paint an old Pyramid Head, and I think the sort of pebbly sand-cast texture you've got here is exactly what I'd be aiming for (I'd just finish it as rusty iron instead of tarnished brass). Either way, your paint job is gorgeous!

Looks amazing! I'm excited to follow and see the rest of the costume come together. I'm glad you're bulking out your frame and extending your arms and legs--I think the biggest failure with most Big Daddy cosplayers is "bobblehead syndrome", and it sounds like you've nipped it in the bud.

Do you mind if I ask how you achieved your finish? What were your texturing/painting techniques? I've been wanting to re-paint an old Pyramid Head, and I think the sort of pebbly sand-cast texture you've got here is exactly what I'd be aiming for (I'd just finish it as rusty iron instead of tarnished brass). Either way, your paint job is gorgeous

Last edited:
Alright, so question time.... Anyone have any idea what kind of tubes these are based on? To me it looks almost braided, and definitely a softer "sleeve" portion on the outside instead of just a plastic or rubber tube....
Screenshot (4).png

I was thinking of using electrical conduit PVC, heating the pipes/tubes into shape, and then buying a braided hosing sleeve like this to go over it. Then of course doing all the weathering and grossing up.
sleeve.jpg

Another close up
Might end up having to be what I go with, that looks really dang good! The sleeve is cheap so what I'll probably do is get the PVC Electrical Conduit and the sleeve to go around it and try it alone and with the sleeve and see what works the best.

Did you find that the PVC Electrical Conduit took heat pretty well? I've got the Neca figure for reference and wanted to shape them as close as possible to the shape they appear on the figure.

Mine was the conduit that comes in rolls, so it already had a natural bend. I didn't have a heat gun when I made the suit. But, my experience since then shows your should be able to make it pretty mauable with a heat gun.

No updates till I get home in a few weeks and am able to finish up the smaller port holes, hooks/eyelets, etc, but here’s something kinda cool. Sat this guy up next to my Kia as a size reference for you guys.... making this padded suit and lifts to make him proportionate is NOT gonna be fun
REMOVED BY AUTHOR, PROJECT WENT IN DIFFERENT DIRECTION, SEE PAGE 2

Last edited:
This is STUNNING! All the subtle textures just give it so much depth and the paint is mind-blowing. I can't wait to see this in person at DC!

Just curious, where did you get the 'knobs' that you used for the wingnuts around the breastplate? I'm currently making a Mark IV diving helm replica and need something like that

Just curious, where did you get the 'knobs' that you used for the wingnuts around the breastplate? I'm currently making a Mark IV diving helm replica and need something like that
So it was actually a real diving wingnut that I molded and cast multiple of. It's kind of a junk mold to be honest with you, as when I pulled the wingnut out it ended up pulling some of the silicone where the "bolt" would sit with it. But since that area was being covered with the bolts, it ended up being okay.

Here's where I got the wingnut from. Wing nut, breast plate, flanged Mark V(polished) each | DESCO Diving Equipment and Supply Company Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There's other options there as well. I personally did not want to buy the amount I was going to need (12-14) for a few reasons: #1.... they're heavy. Really heavy. A pound a piece. That's 14 extra pounds on a helmet that already weighs about 20ish. #2.... that's about $400 to get it shipped to me. #3.... the brass wouldn't match the brass I was painting.

So if you get one, I highly suggest making a cheap mold and casting some reason copies.... I debated getting all the ones I was going to need for a while, but unless it's a full on metal replica and you're only going to need a few, I don't think it's worth it.

Just wanted to let everyone know this thing was NOT abandoned. I'm doing some stuff on it off/on. I just ordered some real barnacles that have been dried to attach to the cracks/crevices of the front of the helmet. I'll be posting pictures of it as soon as I get home and am able to glue them on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back