Biomask 3.0 - Painting

Termokk

Hello everyone! For those of you who didnt know i just moved into a new house and a new shop so i havent been active with getting the rest of the suit done for a little wile. But now im settled (for the most part) and ready to get some new pieces done. I will be starting with the biomask, mainly because its an easy place to start and i love the bio. I will be making the gauntlets and gloves very soon to but i will create a thread once its time for that. So this biomask is meant to fit the 3.0 mask, so it will be larger and more accurate than the 2.0 biomask. I plan to make it just a little bit smaller than the full size 1:1 mask, mainly because i want this to be wearable and i dont think anyone will be 8 foot somthing. But i am shooting for a little over 7 foot with my suit so it will be just a little smaller. I have done this a few times now so im hopeing this one will blow away all the pervious bios i have made.

So here is the start. I took some plastic bags and wrapped the 3.0 mask in them to protect them. Then i laid plaster bandages all over the face to create a negative. Once the plaster bandages were set up, i took off the cast and painted in several layers of ultracal-30. This will act as the sulpture base and help the bio fit perfectly. More to come soon!

DSCN1698.jpg

Congrats on getting into your new place Corey. I can't wait to see what new masterpieces you produce. Have you considered making the legs for your costume soon? I'd love a pair of Termokk legs to go with my torso...

So here is the start. I took some plastic bags and wrapped the 3.0 mask in them to protect them.
Let me get this straight, you wrapped the mask with plastic and laid plaster bandages on top of the plastic to protect the mask? I got a little confused by the wording. Sorry.

Congrats on getting into your new place Corey. I can't wait to see what new masterpieces you produce. Have you considered making the legs for your costume soon? I'd love a pair of Termokk legs to go with my torso...

Yes that is also a plan for the near future.

Let me get this straight, you wrapped the mask with plastic and laid plaster bandages on top of the plastic to protect the mask? I got a little confused by the wording. Sorry.

Sorry i didnt get pictures of that, the plastic is to protect the mask from all the plaster. The plaster bandages were used to take the shape of the face (roughly) so i could put plaster into the bandages and get a hard copy of the face to sculpt on.

I have been bulking out the clay for the last few hours and i wanted to show some progress. Still very rough at this point but taking shape.

DSCN1702.jpg

i made the same to make my armature, but i used a raw mask, protect it with masking tape and made it of fiberglass, its pretty strog, termokk glad to see you back on the bench, the bio is looking killer, keep it up bro :)

Wow bro, you work sooo fast. This bio is looking nice. I love seeing all the steps you take to create these master pieces.

Sorry i didnt get pictures of that, the plastic is to protect the mask from all the plaster. The plaster bandages were used to take the shape of the face (roughly) so i could put plaster into the bandages and get a hard copy of the face to sculpt on.

I have been bulking out the clay for the last few hours and i wanted to show some progress. Still very rough at this point but taking shape.

Okay... now I am seeing what you are saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Great work by the way though and I am completely excited about this. I just love seeing progress being made.

Nice work man! I'm digging the shape of those cheeks man. Following this one. Glad to see you finally made the move bud!

Another update- had a few hours to mess with this today. I am getting closer to the correct lines and shapes, but still far from done. Once i get it basicaly roughed out i will start the smoothing process. Thanks for looking and thanks for all the comments!

DSCN1718.jpg

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back