Biomask 3.0 - Painting

Looking good! At some point I should probably try this moulding method...it just seems like all the silicones that pour well, tear too easily.

This is mould max 40 from smooth on. Its always held up well for me, but it was a pain to pour, had to hold that bucket for almost an hour. This way uses alot more silicon than brushing it on, but i think its worth it for the quality of the mould. This was a little over a gallon of silicone. Thanks for all your comments guys!

Separated the moulds today and everything came out great. Giving it a short time to air out before i start casting into it.

DSCN2134.jpg

Now that is a nice piece of work sir! I am new to the whole casting thing so this might be a stupid question, but do you use resin for the finished product? If so once it is dry is it hard to get out of the mold? Do you use like petroleum jelly so it dont stick? And that mold can be used over and over right?

The mould can be used over and over, the castings will be hard resin. To remove the resin cast you just slip the silicone out of the ultracal mother mould and flex the silicone and it will pop out. You wont need a release for a wile with silicone, but eventualy i use poly ease 2300 or somthing similar.

That is a pretty looking mould. Mine are all ugly as ****. They do the job though... :)

Since I'm guessing you don't degass the silicone before pouring (hence the holding it up for an hour to get a thin pour), have you ever had any problems with air bubbles?

Thank you sir. It didnt get any bubbles in it, they all seem to float up and pop as its curing. I just blow across the surface a bit and they all pop.

I got the first cast done! Its just raw primer right now, i will be painting it very soon. I have a few compairison pictures of the origional from the studio moulds and the one i just made. Its slightly shorter then the origional so it wont look quite so huge, but very close to the same size. I am out of lenses at the moment, but i will be getting more in soon so i can get some finished pictures of it. I still need to sculpt the laser shroud and the random parts for the scoops in the temples, now that i have a hard copy i can use that to sculpt on. Thanks for looking.

DSCN2152.jpg

DSCN2154.jpg

DSCN2143.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

Got a chance today to start making the breathing hose connection thing on the side of the head. Gonna mould this one up soon then flip it over and make the laser shroud.

DSCN2221.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back