bio tracking cannon

Pretty awesome stuff! Seen that vid a long time ago. Reminds me of the scene in Predator just after Arnie crawls out of the waterfall and is hidden in the branches of the tree with Pred looking around for him. Epic!

Actually the man in the video is a member here on the "Lair" his name is Honus. His last sign on date was December 9th, 2009 and the last time anyone had hear about this was back in Feb '09. He was building the cannon for Carlart for his accurate P1 costume, but we have not heard of any updates on the mechanics if whether or not it is still in production
Here is the Link:
P1 cannon for Carl

If anyone else wants to know more about it I would suggest to PM Carlart.

Yes, this is an old video. Too old. Just to recap, that is my cannon and bio in the hands of Honus, who is developing the animatronic and tracking mechanisms necessary to make the gun perform exactly the way it does in the film. The only thing holding all this back is my completing the backpack sculpt, which is on hold so I can get out several orders I have been owing people for a while. 2010 is going to be an exciting year. Once the sculpt is molded and cast---Honus can complete the task.
Hang in there, folks.

Cool man I was wondering how this was coming along it just seems it has been long, but I understand why. I can't wait to see the finished product of everything.

Hey all-

I haven't been around here much because I've been extremely busy working on multiple projects (props and work) but I do check in from time to time. The cannon project is still very much alive- like Carl said 2010 is going to be awesome. I'm just putting all the finishing touches on and getting things ready for production. Once Carl gets the backpack done I'll have to install everything, make adjustments and work out the sound system install.

Right now I'm working on a 3D printer/milling machine that will make producing all the necessary parts and circuit boards a lot faster. I've more than a few things up my sleeve for this year so stay tuned- it'll be worth the wait. :)

Jerome

What you do with electronics is beyond me. I look forward to the updates and end results. You and Carl working together will be awesome to say the least.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back