Bio question

Nismo300ZX

I'm trying to decide the best way to attach a bio to a full mask, not a half mask, but I'm not sure what the best way to do it is. I want to be able to take the mask off easily and be able to put it back on as well... any input would be appreciated.

Personally I went for neodymium magnets (earth magnets) as they can be hidden underneath the skin so it leaves no visible attachments on the mask (like velcro would for example)

hi u can use eath magnets my friend get 4 magnets sick two in the mask and two in side the bio make sure u line them up this way u can take the bio of the mask easly and put it back on and it wont fall off hope this helps

Def earth magnets are the way to go. If your mask is foam filled, just cut two deep holes (I just used my finger) and put two magnets CLOSE but not right against the latex and about 4 inches apart. Those suckers are strong and if you have the magnet right against the latex, it could tear the latex eventually.

Then just two more magnets glued with epoxy to the inside of the Bio. The hard part is lining them up properly.

I'd also recommend using black felt and gluing it to the inside of the Bio to avoid any paint getting rubbed off of your mask.

What size magnets do the trick if only 2 are used? I was going to mount my magnets on 50mm circles of abs plastic about 1mm thick, so the magnet is on the oposite side of the abs to the latex to stop it pulling through in time

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back