bio metal color

thicky ricardo

hey guys i been seeing some sick paint ups recently,ive done a few paintups on my P1 bio lately but i just cant seem to get that metal look i desire,it always comes out looking to shiny and fake like spraypaint,what base coat do you guys and gals use,spray paint,airbrush whatever yall use let me know thanks

The best way of getting a good P1 paint up is to add many layers. Apply it with a sponge, lots of layers of silver and black, and throw in some brown, green, whatever else you like. There's a couple of great tuts showing how others have done it. Predatrhuntr, myself, I'm sure there's a couple of others too. Some people like to apply the final detail with an airbrush. Rubbing the paint with a green scouring pad will take the shine off the paint nicely too.

I can say from experience that Hez tutorial is a great way to do a bio paint up like lifeburn said i was astounded at how awesome my Bio came out as well and all ya need is three cans of spray paint and some sponges and a scrub brush. i would give it a shot mate its easy with great realism in the finished product if ya follow his tutorial.

i went with a black base...painted in silver..lightly in some areas to allow black to bleed thru.....then took bone black paint...water it down and with a sponge added weathering and blast marks....after that was done....take mettalic copper, gold and other regular colors like brown and dark green to add the rustic/moldy/weathered look.....i did this for all armor to include mask....came out ok for my first paint up...i had help from NeoKazama also..

thanks for all the info guys, these tut were actually what I used to do my other paintups , but my question is what color u guys use as a base coat for the silver ect, ( exp. Duplicolor gunmetal spraypaint) thanks

I used a cheap can of metallic silver and black from a hardware store (just generic name brands) and used Folkart gold and bronze acryllic paint for the weathering.

Perhaps you should post a pic of your bio, that would probably help give you more specific advice.

thanks for all the info guys, these tut were actually what I used to do my other paintups , but my question is what color u guys use as a base coat for the silver ect, ( exp. Duplicolor gunmetal spraypaint) thanks

I bought my mask it was a gun metal color....when i made all my armor...i painted it all black...then did over with thin coat of grey/silver primer..both coats were spray paint....then i added metalic silver acrylic, a light coat but enuf for some shine, but not too much......then i added the weathering/blast marks by putting some black paint on a paper plate and watering it down....then i used a sponge and it applied it aall over the armor/mask....do small areas...after u dab and smear it on with a sponge and stick....i used a paper towel and dabbed the areas to blend it more.....for blast marks...take the black paint and put it on a small sponge and basically twist it on a spot on the armor ro make a dot....then from there swipe out in all directions to form a blast mark...then dab it with a paper towel to sub due it.....

to add the rust and mold look.....take gold, copper or any other paints u want that can add that..green for mold....and add that to the armor how u like....that can be sponged and dabbed with a towel also..................i have a pic in the complete suit thread and it shows my armor which looked made shiny and was way too silver.....so iu applied those weathering techniques and my profile has the finished product.....good luck man

I used a cheap can of metallic silver and black from a hardware store (just generic name brands) and used Folkart gold and bronze acryllic paint for the weathering.

Perhaps you should post a pic of your bio, that would probably help give you more specific advice.
cool ill try and do that tonight, and thanks for the info shawdizzle

The point I was trying to make is that the actual base color really shouldn't matter too much. Use any kind of silver you like (I use krylon matte aluminum), because once you're done with the whole weathering process, it will be so blended with all the other colors you've used that it won't really matter. An abrasive of some kind (scouring pad, fine sandpaper) will help take the shine off and give it a more realistic, and less 'paintlike' look.

no problem bro....thats what i did and it worked for me but hez has been around a lot longer..haha...try a method..see what works best....good luck

Ive been trying these methods but i cant get as good a result as most i see on here and i think ive been having problems with the scour pad and sponge method. The paint seems to scar and end up in lumps and bumps so the finish doesnt look smooth even with light sanding. Ive used thinners to remove the layers to the bare resin now 3 times as ive not been happy with the look. Is this kind of effect what you guys get aswel or am i using the wrong spraypaint? At the moment its just silver with darker weathering in all the usual places but without blastmarks yet so need advice before i move on as i dont want to restart a fourth time. cheers

I used Hez's tutorials as a base and they worked a treat.

Heres a run down of how I done mine.

Trimmed and cleaned the bio.
Base coat black primer.
Metallic silver coat.
Couple of black washes.
Green scouring pad to key the paint - lightly done.
Coat of black (Heavier in the shadow areas, such as creases etc).
Dry sponged some boltgun metal - several layers.
A couple of dark green and brown washes.
Dry sponged some boltgun metal.
Highlighted with some silver dry brushing on the ridges.
Black wash all over.

2010-06-12173536.jpg

2010-10-16174452.jpg

Hope this helps

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back