Bio Lenses Made Easy.

Hippie

Don't know about you guys but I hade doing bio lenses.

Finding the right materials, colour, cutting them to size, Gluing them without getting glue in the visible area etc.

Mesh is great but I prefer the glass look.

Anyway, I was trolling Ebay and found some 2 or 3mm coloured perspex sheets.
It comes in all sorts of colours, solid or transparent. So I bought some. £3 for an A4 sheet delivered. Cheap as chips. Even more so when you compare it to the price of a motorcycle visor.

When I recieved the perspex I cut it into three slices. 210x99mm.

I decided to try an experiment with the perspex and my stunt bio so I took out the crappy lenses that I already had installed.

This is what I did..

Took a piece of the perspex and heated it up with a heat gun. When I say heated it up I mean I got it very very hot. So hot it became fairly soft and plyable.
I picked the perspex up with a tea towel and dropped it over the eye slot on the back of the bio and helped it into shape by pressing it down with the tea towel. I even rubbed in the actual eye slot so it would bubble out slightly at the front. Leave flat if you prefer.

Once it cooled it was fixed in place. You could pull it back out but it was fairly well moulded to the inner bio. I eventually added a bit of hot melt just in case.

So easy and hastle free.

I will say. If your gona try this, be safe! It gets very hot. Work on a heat proof surface and use good hand protection.

Let me know what you think of the results. Its awkward to get a good pic cos Ive curved them out slightly.

Hippie.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back