Bio help (personal design)

Xamd

How would I make this? Need help and I can't use latex, I am possibly allergic to it.

Snapshot_20090907_3.jpg

Its to be for a human female, the head is to resemble the xeno queens.

Snapshot_20090907_3.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/Razielum/Snapshot_20090907_3.jpg[/img]

I suggest make a pepakura model and fiberglass it and then cut to shape and use plumbers epoxy or bondo to make the shape you want it to be

There are a few different options. Like predkid suggested you can use the pepakura model, Others have made one out of cardboard and it came out pretty good. You could purchase one and then modify it accordingly or you can get some clay and start sculpting. Either option you pick you will have plenty of help with people on the lair

It really depends how much you want to spend on it. The most expensive option will be to sculpt it from clay, mold it with silicone, and then cast it in resin. You're probably looking at over £200 for that, if not close to £300.

You can buy an existing bio and modify it with bodyfiller, that'll probably cost £100 or so.

Pepakura is definitely the budget option, but can look great if you put the time in.

You could make it from a product called Sculptamold. It's like papier mache but it handles a bit like clay. The product air hardens and can be lightly sanded, drilled and painted later. Product stays workable for around 20 minutes, so you make it up in small batches. Once you get the hang of it it's easy peasy. Amazing how light and strong it can be and would be ideal if you don't want to sculpt from clay and produce moulds. You can get it from Millers in Glasgow or order online Sculptamold online. Probbably only need one bag, two at most.
Saw this while doing a search on the Liar Sculptamold Bio.
I also used the product in Sculptamold Terminator.

If you can't sculpt try the following Pepakura Bio.
Be warned it's fiddly and then you will still need to modify the thing anyway to reflect your design.

Umpteen other ways of making it, eg directly with resin/fibreglass, jesmonite, plaster bandage, epoxy putty body filler, but if it were me I'd try the Sculptamold. Doesn't cost much (about a fiver a bag) and if you make an arse of it you haven't spent much.

Wait so if you are allergic to latex you can't have a latex predator mask? Oh damn im screwed.

Btw thats a nice design and bios are made from resin or fiberglass lol. Good Luck with it.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/Razielum/Snapshot_20090907_3.jpg[/img]

Do you plan to make this a predator size Bio or will you scale it down to be more human size.

[quote name='X'amd' post='160644' date='Sep 13 2009, 06:06 PM']I want to scale it down to be the right size for a human female. I want it to be more delicate and well....feminine. [/quote]

Would you object to me using your design to see if I can sculpt something that might work? I have a bio I plan to use as a sculpting base and I think I might be able to get this to work but I wont use your idea without your ok. And if it works I will mold and cast it as well, let me know what you think. ;)

Would you object to me using your design to see if I can sculpt something that might work? I have a bio I plan to use as a sculpting base and I think I might be able to get this to work but I wont use your idea without your ok. And if it works I will mold and cast it as well, let me know what you think. ;)

Hells to the yeah. Give it a go. Just make sure you send me some progress pics and pics of the finished product.

[quote name='X'amd' post='160652' date='Sep 13 2009, 07:37 PM']Hells to the yeah. Give it a go. Just make sure you send me some progress pics and pics of the finished product. [/quote]

Ok, I'll start laying something out this week but to be up front I have no timetable set right now as I have not sculpted in some time and bios are a whole new game. But I will try and we can see what happens. ;)

Heres an update for ya. Started laying out the clay and toying with the detail a bit.

001-1.jpg

Let me know what you think so far, I will most likely be working on it all most all weekend.

001-1.jpg

Thanks, the design was done by X'amd and I will try my best to translate it into clay and then an actual bio. My way of doing a pay it forward here.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back