Bio Helmets By Hez

hez1

Finished this one up today and was pretty pleased with it, so I thought I'd show it off! Weirdly, I didn't like it very much until I put the clearcoat on it. I had it, and thought, 'meh, it'll do.' Clearcoat went on, and it really seemed to light up. Would love to hear what you think!

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

Oh yeah. That looks very, very nice indeed.
In the pics it looks like its stone with lichens. Awesome!
Tell me, is it just balanced on that stand or is it secured. If secured, how have you done so?
Christian.

Thanks guys! It's secured to the stand, Christian. The pole was cut at an angle, and then some velcro holds the bio on there, and there's another piece of wood that comes out from the pole at 90º, and the bio rests on that, just above the visor, to keep it at that angle.

As for the how...well, it's not the scouring pad method in my vids. It's actually quite a bit more involved, and involves a couple of coats of metal coatings (water based paint filled with metal particles), then patina acids, then metal rubs, coloured waxes, and if I feel like it, some airbrushed detail. The airbrushing on this one is minimal.

Threw this one together today...another P1, but I ran out of my regular stuff, so I thought I'd try with just straight airbrushing. No sponges, no fancy chemicals, just an airbrush, and three different colours.

IMG_1752.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back