Bio Helmet Lasers

Hippie

I've seen a few people asking about tri lasers for Bios.
Heres my take on it. If its already been done or in the wrong section I apologise. Anyway. Hope it is of some help.
....................................................................................................................................................................................

Look for micro laser diodes with an operating voltage of 3v.

You can get them with a body size of approx' 6mm x 13mm. There will also be a lot that are about 10mm x 20mm (give or take) The choice is yours. I prefer the smaller ones myself.

Example...

6mm diameter brass module with 9cm long leads
Operating voltage: 3.0V (built in driver) Very important
Operating current: 20mA
Output pattern: bright red dot

Join the three black wires from the laser diodes together and the same with the red wires.
Solder and heat shrink them. You dont want them comming apart one you've fitted them to yer bio.

Also the connections of the wires to the laser driver boards is quite fragile. Protect these joints with a drop of Araldite or something similar. Then a bit of heat shrink over the top. DO NOT overheat the lasers when you heat shrink as they will get moody.

Now get a 2 x AAA switched battery box.

Simply join respective laser wires to the 3v battery box.

I'll wire a set up in the next few days and drop in a pic then. I'll also show a set wired up for a 9v battery.

Bish bash bosh. Job done.
But most important of all... Safety. Dont look into the beam!!

Sorry about the poor quality diagrams but I think they do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back