BIO and undermask question?

Radon Cypher

If this is not the right thread for this I am sorry. Is it possible to only use a BIO without an undermask? Well....Let me rephrase that. Does anyone do that??? And whats the method? Can you attach the dreads to the BIO someway? I have a friday the 13th costume with the undermask and the hockey mask and its kind of hard to manuver around in a room with a lot of people due to lack of vision. Anyway I was just wandering. Any input is appreciated. Thanks fellow hunters!

well if its the vision problem that you are worried about, try using a half mask (sometimes referred to as a 3/4 mask) it's basically a full mask with the face cut out. makes the vision thing or installing fans much easier. The bio can attach with industrial velcro placed on the crown of the mask and under the dome of the bio. There are also instances of attaching a Bio to a baseball batters helmet and the dreads epoxied around the back. OK idea but not as realistic looking as going with a half mask

well if its the vision problem that you are worried about, try using a half mask (sometimes referred to as a 3/4 mask) it's basically a full mask with the face cut out. makes the vision thing or installing fans much easier. The bio can attach with industrial velcro placed on the crown of the mask and under the dome of the bio. There are also instances of attaching a Bio to a baseball batters helmet and the dreads epoxied around the back. OK idea but not as realistic looking as going with a half mask
Yeah thats kind of what I figured. The bottom of your chin and neck would still be exposed. A half mask, or hood as some people refer to them is what I use with my Jason Vorheese costume.

i don't know if this is the kinda thing your looking for, but this is a very budget way of going about things if your looking to not have an undermask, I take no credit for the guys work, he made due with what he had, and made it work for him.

Cockeyed

From what I can gather:
He took a cheapo Bike helmet, sprayed expando foam on it, and crafted a sort of rough head shape, and I think he got a preformed Bio from some place else, and maybe superglued it on there, but its all there, just not that intuitive on the process and how to's, but the sites not for that.

hope this helps

i don't know if this is the kinda thing your looking for, but this is a very budget way of going about things if your looking to not have an undermask, I take no credit for the guys work, he made due with what he had, and made it work for him.

Cockeyed

From what I can gather:
He took a cheapo Bike helmet, sprayed expando foam on it, and crafted a sort of rough head shape, and I think he got a preformed Bio from some place else, and maybe superglued it on there, but its all there, just not that intuitive on the process and how to's, but the sites not for that.

hope this helps

wow that guy is nuts. he's built some really great stuff.

Here's what I did. Having worn a Batman costume alot, not a big fan of my head incased in latex.

I made a lycra hood from some flesh colored material.

Then I came up with a foam top for it to stick the dreads in and so the bio helmet would lay on something.

P1040921.jpg

Then I poked holes in the foam, stuck the dreads through and hot glued them in place.

P1040925.jpg

P1040926.jpg

P1040928.jpg

Then I used fabric glue to attach that to the hood and put a strip of industrial velcro down the middle.

P1040934.jpg

Then put the other strip of velcro in the bio.

P1040931.jpg

P1040933.jpg

It worked out pretty good because the weight of the dreads balances out the weight on the front of the bio.

Then I did some more painting on the hood to make it look a little more realistic.

P1040938.jpg

And it's pretty comfy. I sat with it on for 30 minutes and I only took it off than because I was working and couldn't see what I was doing so well.

P1040921.jpg

P1040925.jpg

P1040926.jpg

P1040928.jpg

P1040934.jpg

P1040931.jpg

P1040933.jpg

P1040938.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back