Biker Scout Blaster Blueprints

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by wizardofflight, Jan 8, 2006.

1. wizardofflight

wizardofflight Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have to say that this is a tough one; there is not much in the way of reference material out there. But that has never stopped me before so I gave it a go. Here are the draft drawings of the biker scout blaster.

IÂ’ll be dimensioning them once I double check my references. Let me know what you all think.

Here is the updated Biker Scout Blaster blueprints/templates. I have added a few missing dimensions and have also added the metric dimension for all those technically enlighten areas of the world. Also I have corrected the scope mounting ring and have added the detail on aft of the “Energy Cell”. These drawings have been quite popular and I look forward to seeing a lot of new scout blasters out there.

The metric dimensions have been carried out to 1 decimal point only because that is the lowest AutoCAD will let me. You can ignore the fractions of a millimeter nothing on this piece is that critical.

Alan

http://www.wolfchasers.com/propaholics/WOF_drawings/BikerscoutBlaster Rev A.pdf

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What else can I say??

:eek :eek

3. carves

carves Well-Known Member

The other problem in making the bikerscout blaster is because the gun does not belong to any available gun in the market.

ILM actually made it them self, that is why there is no trigger on the gun.

4. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Very nice.

Can you convert your file to a 3D model? If not, I'd be happy to - it's what I do. :)

- Gabe

5. Matsuo

Matsuo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Excellent... :love

M

6. UKscout

UKscout Well-Known Member

alan,

top job on this matey i did some templates back awhile ago
    here's my 3d renders of the scout blaster, had trouble doing grip bits
    on the handle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a link to my pdf templates
    http://www.uk-scout.co.uk/downloads/BLASTER.zip

keep up the great work as cad is great for template making

7. eltee

eltee Sr Member

Thanks for doing this...nice work.

If you need the scope dimensions let me know. I have Singlepoint scopes and mounts here and can measure them if you don't have access to any where you are.

8. Icedevil

Icedevil New Member

both WoF's blueprints and that 3D model look absolutely stunning, excellent work.

9. wizardofflight

Wow. Thank you, looks like there is a lot of interest in this little blaster. There is still some more work to do, but I wanted to give everyone a peek just to make sure that I was on the right track.

Thank you for the offer on the Singlepoint scope dimensions. I did a series of Star Wars scope drawings a while back that can be downloaded from this site:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/wol/

I did both the conical and rounded nosed Singlepoints, I think theyÂ’re close, but I wouldnÂ’t mind some independent verification. If you could take a look at them IÂ’d greatly appreciate it.

Alan

10. eltee

eltee Sr Member

I was unable to get the Singlepoint scope link to work at that sight, kept coming up with an E11 type scope blueprint.

11. wizardofflight

12. wizardofflight

Hello,

I have updated the first post with the final version of the drawings.

Check them out.

Alan

13. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

I'm on it, Alan. :D

- Gabe

P. S. UKscout - VERY impressive. :thumbsup And that's without the benefit of a real scope to get the correct scale and proportions off of. You both have CAD Kung Fu. :)

14. UKscout

UKscout Well-Known Member

Prop Runner

thans for the kind words, I use CAD 5 days a week as i'm a architect.

I've just got into 3d modeling, if you have any pointers on how to make the scout blaster handle more realistic PLMK as i want to improve my modeling

It probaly can be done with 3d faces/mesh me thinks?

15. wizardofflight

The first post has been updated with the latest revisions to the Biker Scout Blaster blueprints/templates, only minor updates and changes.

Alan

16. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

I still need to clear my plate of a few work and prop related projects before I can get on the 3D CAD but I haven't forgotten. :)

- Gabe

17. GordonTarpley

GordonTarpley Member

I see this is a VERY old thread but is there any chance someone knows where those the PDF templates ended up? The link is broken...