BIGTIME CONFESSION....

Ta2pro

...I have never seen predator.well..at least not start to finish,lol.just all the action scenes.maybe one of these days.

.......... BOOOOOOOOOO! GET THIS GUY OUTTA HERE!!! (J/K)

you uh, really should sometime man, it's a pretty ok flick thanks for being honest

i've seen it at least 2-3 hundred times probably in my life, owned 4-5 different copies over the years, guess i'm just a sucker for the original...

I don't blame you it's not the greatest film. I myself only watch from when Mac and Dillon are about to get killed through to the rest of the film, and the part I really only pay attention to is when the pred takes his helmet off.

-Chris

Neither have I.
I've seen Predator 2 and AVP tonnes of times and I've seen Predators but I have never watched Predator all the way through

I could understand not seeing the new Predators movie, I understand that, but the timeless classic that is the 1st? SHAMEFUL!!!

Just messin' go see it and redeem yourself.

Lol,no guys.I actually have 4 copies of pred.regular DVD,enhanced,reg bluray,and bought the enhanced the other night.and I've seen the movie dozens of times.just not from the opening to the end credits.I'd always pick it up somewhere on tv.I can't stand "ahhhhhnollld" as an actor.if he was a 170lb male,he wouldn't b squat.I liked him in conan cause it was a visual movie and he kept his mouth shut,along with t1 and t2.so that's prolly why I couldn't stomach watching the plot of predator,and just wanting to see the creature itself.u only see me painting the pred suits and not arnie stuff-right,lol???

Like any monster movie, they have to include a bunch of human characters in order to establish the idea that a monster is around and ready to attack. At least Predator had a strong ensemble cast and you could empathize with the humans. (Well, sort of.) And you can see plenty of clues that the Predator is sneaking around, learning about the humans and getting ready to pick them off one by one.

Actually, the last time I watched the original Predator, I found myself empathizing with the Predator more than with the humans. Go figure.

I also just watched Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem for the first time over the weekend. They must have saved money by not hiring a lighting director or a lighting crew, because almost every scene was shot in the dead of night with the lights off. And AVPR's human characters were definitely made of cardboard, and it was hard to care very much about them.

If nothing else, watch the original Predator to hear the famous line, "Run! Go! Get to da choppah!"

The entire statemnt above is true, Elkman. Yeah the characters had about as much depth as a half filled Kiddie Pool in summer. The Predator had more charisma & energy than the entire human cast could ever have. Also, why the hell did kids pick on that dude's little brother like it was 1990 all over again? is Gunnisson Colorado just not that interesting? or is the Director living in the past?

The original movie was great, it set up as an action movie and by the end it became a Sci-Fi horror leaving you wondering, just what the hell is making Arnold Schwarzenegger run for his life like that. Then Seeing KPH hold him up over a foot & a half off the ground and that final confrontation, I knew something special would come of this Monster.

Funny to hear that, lol. I have seen P1 and P2 hundreds of times, but still dont have them on DVD!! I have requiem, but for some reason, it just wasnt that great a film, If I could make a seperate film by cutting all the scenes with Wolf in and the pred alien, and sticking them all together, that would be much better....but as for all the scenes in between..... *fast forward, fast forward*

I'd love to see outtakes of any of the P1 or P2 movies, just things like frustrating takes & KPH going over to Danny or Arnold & actually trying to stab them with the gauntlets or "play" choking them, things like that. Seeing anything that would give us a glimpse as to what's on their mind inside those wonderful suits would be probably the coolest thing since the 08 & 09 SDCC vids I saw that lead me here, I live to see footage that shows us what's going on "Inside the Suit".

I totally agree there Tatsu, I love outtakes! And the silly awesome antics of the SDCC vids are just so much fun to watch. They led me here also.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Crap on a pogo stick!
I can't go a week without watching at least part P1 + the others.
(And no i don't have that much spare time)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back