Biggs helmet artwork

lmgill

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Recently, while organizing old company files, I found this artwork I made for Anovos, when they needed some x-wing helmet prototypes. They had their painter working on them, and on my own time I made some artwork for Biggs' helmet they could print on water-slide decals. Can't remember if they ever used it, but here is a printable PDF for anyone who wants it.

Attachments

• X-Wing helmet graphics-Biggs Rev2-8x11-90%.pdf
    416.4 KB · Views: 206
As a 7-year old, the 3 of them diving into the trench together automatically made them Luke's friends. A child's mind.
And I believe there was at least one trading card showing Biggs and Luke together. That also translated as friendship.

There is the cut scene of Luke at Tochi's Station and SE put back in the cut scenes at the rebel base hanger.
So Luke and Biggs are old friends.

tumblr_naksmmrjCz1s2wio8o5_1280.jpg
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-12163.jpg

Recently, while organizing old company files, I found this artwork I made for Anovos, when they needed some x-wing helmet prototypes. They had their painter working on them, and on my own time I made some artwork for Biggs' helmet they could print on water-slide decals. Can't remember if they ever used it, but here is a printable PDF for anyone who wants it.
Thank you for sharing these! I’ve had a half finished black series conversion for almost two years. I’m basically stuck at trying to figure out the checker pattern on the front, and back.

I’ve gone through two different decal makers, and neither of them made decals that really worked. They were either totally wrong, or wouldn’t lay properly. I never thought of making them out of water-slide decals.

Question for you, how likely is it that water-slide decals this large would lay flat on a curved surface? I have some experience with much smaller water-slides, and they are fantastic. I’d feel much better about giving them a go on my helmet. Thanks for the great idea.

Thank you for sharing these! I’ve had a half finished black series conversion for almost two years. I’m basically stuck at trying to figure out the checker pattern on the front, and back.

I’ve gone through two different decal makers, and neither of them made decals that really worked. They were either totally wrong, or wouldn’t lay properly. I never thought of making them out of water-slide decals.

Question for you, how likely is it that water-slide decals this large would lay flat on a curved surface? I have some experience with much smaller water-slides, and they are fantastic. I’d feel much better about giving them a go on my helmet. Thanks for the great idea.
I have seen tricks for this, but do not remember the detail. I believe it has to do with gently heating the decal once its applied.

Thanks so much!
What does 10% smaller mean? That I should print at 90%?
Sorry, I should have commented on that or changed the file name.
The original artwork I did seemed too large for the Anovos helmet, so we tried 10% smaller, hence the 10% note and the 90% in the file name.
As for what size to print it, I guess it would depend on the helmet you plan on using. I would of course make a paper print and cut out and fit the artwork to the helmet to see how it matches up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back