Big Prop auction legit ? (Premiere props)

TomBuchanan

Hey everybody,

I recently got into the hobby and just been looking around the forum and such. I wandered around, found "Premiere Props" and looked on their website to see what they were selling.

Turns out they had an auction the same day I found them.

Just out of curiousity, I signed up to take part in the online portion to see where all of those things would go and for how much.

The cataloque was quite illustrious, Michael Douglas worn costimes, Jake Gyllenhall, Al Pacino .... The list goes on. So I ended up following the auction and most of the big ticket items had estimates of around 1000 to 5000 dollars ... Well ... Most of those items didn't go for more than 200 or 300 dollars. Even the bigger style fantasy costumes form "Immortals" for example.

I then read on here that they are not the greatest company to work with but still legit. They have another auction coming up with a couple of the items from the first auction last week that I am pretty sure got sold ... I know multiples are often made for movies, but they are calling them all screen used.

Any ways here is the link:
https://www.premiereprops.com/live_auctions_pre.php#.WEWYipLwDHd

I was just wondering what you guys think, is this a legit place to buy a cool costume from a movie ?

Thanks guys.

There are a lot of posts on the Movie Props Facebook group that list their many faults, namely mislabeling items as "hero" when they're not, and also taking months to ship items. A few years ago I stumbled into their shop because it was around the corner from where I lived in El Segundo. The place was pretty disheveled, straight out of an episode of Hoarders.

Thanks for the input guys. They have reacted fairly quickly to E-mails but I totally agree, it seems very unlikely that the costumes I saw were actual "Hero" props. Some of those (if they were legit) would probably fetch a lot of money not just 200, 300 bucs.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back