Big Old Bird.. (Of Prey)

Neo-uk

I for got to put this on here so time to catch up.
Starting another new build. It's the Nice 'N' Models studio scale bird of prey
Got to be a bit of an engineer on this one as well.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit more progress on the studio scale Klingon- bird of prey I'm working on. Here's some pictures of the wing tip guns.
I used solder to join the brass parts together.

Studio scale Klingon- Bird Of Prey update,
This is what you start out with for the neck , and the second picture is what I ended up with once I'd poured glue all over the parts and just rolled them together.....(Obviously I'm joking)
I added the parts in front of the tube myself to make the area a bit more "busy" looking.

BOP,
Here's one of the first parts of the lighting that needs doing on this and the results after bit of soldering and gluing.
It's much redder in real life
IMAG0625_zpsb1d46e38.jpg

IMAG0626_zps68317517.jpg

This is going to be one hell of a build and well worth following!!! I look forward to the updates as not seen anything from the UK before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some more work that Ive done of this monster of a kit.
The first picture shows the clear red plastic I cut to go around the torpedo tube.
IMAG0644_zpsd77d8d01.jpg

IMAG0645_zps60aea4d0.jpg

The next two show one of the nav lights, which consists of four parts (aluminium tube with a brass tube inside that, the led and some clear sprue pushed in the front). I think I over engineered that just a bit.

IMAG0647_zpsbc6e39aa.jpg

IMAG0650_zps1896d24c.jpg

This one shows a bit of wire work thats been done with aluminium rod and solder.

IMAG0638_zpscfade963.jpg

Last one is a paint test

IMAG0661_zpsca175539.jpg

Awesome work indeed, and such attention to detail in every step and take it this is your project? Do you ever do build up work for people wanting model kits made to this quality but not as large a project as this obviously? It is really great to follow this project from someone with the UK too!

The link posted by Mike J is very interesting and some great close up shots especially torpedo housing looks great and will no doubt be of useful reference. Looks like Neo has the paint colour spot on the movie studio scale model, not an easy thing to match I am sure. Great likeness indeed and tribute to the guys skills. More progress wanted, this is a great update to follow.

Here's the wing lights ready to be wired up.
Notice the small aluminum tube inserts to stop light emitting from the side of the LED.

IMAG0723_1_zpsc5dtgwa5.jpg

As a guy in the Model making business.. it is such a treat to see "your" model being made. Dean great job buddy! Will be nice to see this all finished up.. the video chats we have done is so prefect helping get things together I am going to offer that feature to everyone who buys a kit. Its so easy to actually show how a part goes in and its really cool to get to interact one on one with the builder! I'm grateful you chose my BOP kit but even more to be able to call you a friend! Thanks buddy!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back