Big Evil's project

BigEvil

Hoping to have the bio/dreads in a wearable state by the end of the weekend.

I've been building 2 suits in tandem hence the double vision on many of the pics. Used many of Vinman's templates (thanks for those) with some additions. Made a second set of "cheap" cannons (see my huntorial for how to) and a side arm.

The paint I've been using is the Rustoleum Hammered Finish Black. The lenses in the Celtic Bio are ultraviolet blue sunglass lenses. Real lasers are on the "need to do" list.

More as it develops

K

Blue_Eyes_rsm.jpg

Shoulder_bell_set_rsm.jpg

Biceps_rsm.jpg

Backpack_rsm.jpg

Weapons_rsm.jpg

Awww, everythings all ready painted... that's not 'in progress'. :p

Am I seeing ABS piping or something else? Did you end up finding a plastics place up there?

Awww, everythings all ready painted... that's not 'in progress'. :p

Am I seeing ABS piping or something else? Did you end up finding a plastics place up there?

Those backpacks are ABS drain pipe from HD and some thin plastic license plates, the type used by car dealers for new stuff parked on the curb. I may post a huntorial on those after I'm finally happy with them. No luck on a plastics place up here, but scrap is pretty easy to come by when you know where to look. Wait till you see what the dread beads look like and what I make them out of........................

rustoleom hammerd paint rocks i used the silver on all my armor as well

and your armor pieces are looking pretty good

I've been seeing the photos as they've come up on Facebook, Kurt. That suit's awesome man. Good luck with it & hope to see a skin soon as well.

Took a bit of a break but restarted recently. Posted a bit with my "Cheap Gauntlets" in Huntorials. I had a re-think about the shoulder spikes and went with some smaller ones (as yet unpainted and bright green in the pic) as well as mounting the cannons in the down position. I was having breaking issues which just will not work in a Con setting. I took a pic with all of the current pieces, I changed out the bicycle helmet with a light weight motorcycle helmet that is considerably more comfortable and allows me to wear my glasses under the bio. It also completes the head shape which will make my dread rig easier to fit. The skull will get a spine and hang from the back center of the armor. I also noticed a neat side effect of the UV blue lenses in the hammer black bio, in lower light or indoor conditions when shooting a picture with flash, the lenses cast a violet blue glow all around the eye sockets.

I did source an old "George of the Jungle" muscle suit which actually fits me so I have a basis to start on the skin suit. I also got several sets of monster hands this past Halloween so I can start on the hands soon as well (maybe tomorrow).

HL1.jpg

HL2.jpg

HL3.jpg

I got the Celt Bio at the Phoenix Comicon this last May (2010). I think Master Anubis knows the guy's name, he recognized it from the pics and asked me about it when I met him in person several months back.

Latest update is I've re-fitted the "twins" and will re-mount them in the down position on the backpack very soon. I also ran across another identical squirt gun and decided to make yet another for fun. Obviously they need a little paint work as a result.

cannons1vsm.jpg

cannons2vsm.jpg

3_cannons.jpg

Thank you. The thing is though I'm running out of raw materials.....which actually means I'm catching the project up to the surplus stuff that's been collecting the last several months. I'll be picking up my last stash of stuff this next weekend so hopefully my new job comes through this next week and I'll be able to buy more stuff when I finish that last pile ;-).

Getting close though, I hope to have it done and debut it at the Phoenix Comicon this next May.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back