Big Evil's project

Built the waist armor, got started on the lower legs and I got the base for the skin suit modified, sewn and zipper added. So far here's everything getting ready for final painting. After that it's just final assembly. I think it's taken 8 months to get to this point, I suppose it would have much quicker if I hadn't taken a break in the middle of it......but, cest la vie. I'm aiming for completion by the end of March, Dreads are really the only thing holding me up. I'm think I'm just going to have to find the money and get some booie's.

pieces_vsm.jpg

Got the dreads ordered, will hopefully have the head finished within the next 2 weeks. I came across a set of pop warner football pads in a Goodwill so I started a suit for my daughter. I scaled down and cut out foamies and glued them in place over the pads matching them to my suit (shoulder spikes etc.) and everything got painted this last weekend. I also made her a bio out of foamies using a scaled down pep file and a small hard hat (play set style). Her dreads will be the ones I tried to make from backer rod but didn't use. I also got my waist armor sorted and painted as well as the lower legs (ended up with modified catchers leg guards as the route I WAS trying didn't work at all). Here's some pics of the test fittings of the waist armor and legs and my daughters armor/bio. Getting much closer.

armor_1_vsm.jpg

Armor_2_vsm.jpg

armor_3_vsm.jpg

L_1_vsm.jpg

L_2_vsm.jpg

L__s_bio_1sm.jpg

preds_vsm.jpg

Thanks all for looking and the kind comments.

I got my dreads from Casey yesterday and of course they had to go on immediately. Here's the pics of the test fitting. I'll obviously need to address the red helmet underneath but the fit, weight and balance is spot on perfect. It's looking good for a first hunt at PCC the end of May. I also recycled my earlier failed attempt at dreads and used them to finish out my daughters mask. They'll need a few tweaks but she'll be able to hunt with Daddy. Finishing touches on the armor coming soon, now to get in gear with the latexing of the feet, hands and upper body. I'm pretty jazzed about the dreads so there's some additional motivation right there

test_fit_front_vsm.jpg

test_side_1_vsm.jpg

test_fit_side_vsm.jpg

test_fit_back_vsm.jpg

L_mask_1_vsm.jpg

Had a run at Phoenix Comicon yesterday. Got a lot of information on what needs to be "fixed" and fortunately it isn't much. HUGE shout out to Master Anubis for assisting me in the final push by lending me his airbrush to paint the skins. Also another HUGE shout out to him again for running support at the Con. Here's some "in progress" pics of the skin and a test fitting the night before, and as I figured, the first time I ever had the entire suit on was at the actual Con itself.

hl_all_latexed.jpg

hl_skin_painted.jpg

hl_test_fit1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back