Big Evil's Big Celtic

BigEvil

Took a year and around 150 hours or so (maybe more, didn't really count). It started last year at the 2010 PCC when I got a Celtic Bio.....and of course that's never enough. Then I found this place and a bunch of good people and fellow enthusiasts who helped me along the way. The next chapter of this story started yesterday at the 2011 PCC when I went on my first hunt with my daughter also in costume, and Master Anubis's son (in costume) and Master Anubis there running support. We spent around 3 hours getting mobbed and then the kids were tired and ready to go (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-). Here's the rundown of what's on the suit

The Bio is attached to a Boeri motorcycle helmet and is sporting Bio Hunter Dreads
The body armor and gauntlets are made out of "Homer" buckets from home depot and were "re-purposed" by me
The skin suit was a George of the Jungle costume. Zipper added by Marissa Dawson, latexed and painted by me
Hands I did a huntorial on, feet and plasma casters as well.
The pants were done by Marissa Dawson
Lower leg armor is a set of used catchers leg guards, modified by me
The neck seal (not in this particular picture) came from Master Anubis
And Master Anubis saved the debut date by generously lending me his airbrush to complete the paint on the skins
My daughters armor is made of a set of modified pop warner football pads sporting foamies
Her Bio is a pepakura out of foam and attached to a small playset construction helmet with backer rod dreads
Her gauntlets are modified child size shin guards with foamie accents
Her body suit is a childs size "Hulk" costume
The wrist blades on both costumes are made out of a flat piece of 1/8 inch thick sign plastic

crop_sm.jpg

Here's a pic of the stand I made, I later modified it to have interchangeable "arm" attachments, the bent ones down at the sides for display and a set of straight ones in and outstretched position for painting etc. And here's the costume following some wear repair following the con on the display stand.

stand_vsm.jpg

mounted_vsm.jpg

Just added a bit about my gauntlets, here's a quick pic of their first test on the stand all lit up. I have more to do, more pics coming soon

Lit up.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gauntlets looked awesome, Added 2 sets of blue only to the shoulders and chest/back armor. Went to a local park for some Halloween festivities and Holy Freakin Hell did I get mobbed. I needed about 4 more guys my size to handle the crowd. Absolutely nuts, BUT I did finally manage to get some clean pics of the finished lights.

HL1.jpg

HL2.jpg

HL3.jpg

Gauntlets looked awesome, Added 2 sets of blue only to the shoulders and chest/back armor. Went to a local park for some Halloween festivities and Holy Freakin Hell did I get mobbed. I needed about 4 more guys my size to handle the crowd. Absolutely nuts, BUT I did finally manage to get some clean pics of the finished lights.
The fact that you got mobbed is really cool I can't wait to get my suit done with MasterAnubis's one day and we all go out on the town and have some fun up north where you are, who knows you can come down here or switch it around every year you know? (y)

I'm going to go to Harrah's in Maricopa tomorrow night, costume contest. Will hopefully have some good pics to share. Make it if you can

Big Evil's Big Celtic is now officially an award winner :devil:

Took Top Spot in the "Most Authentic" Category at Harrah's Ak-Chin about 2 hours ago, here's a celebratory pic (y)

HL5.jpg

The fact that you got mobbed is really cool I can't wait to get my suit done with MasterAnubis's one day and we all go out on the town and have some fun up north where you are, who knows you can come down here or switch it around every year you know? (y)

Hell Aaronh1126 and Myself I am sure we can make that happen, just tell us when and where lol, our suits are finally finished!!

-James

Hell Aaronh1126 and Myself I am sure we can make that happen, just tell us when and where lol, our suits are finally finished!!

-James
I feel like the handler that is like taking forever on this stuff because of the amount of money involved and everything it really sucks. Oh well I'm still young and my passion, drive, and motivation to Get-R-Done mentality is never going away anytime soon still working on stuff in my head at least I know that doesn't count unless it becomes real though :rolleyes:

Took "Big Evil" out today for a proper photo shoot. Getting ready to do a bit of a rebuild, wanted to get a good last long look before I took it to the next level. Link to my FB Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2294663103354.64691.1752375501&type=1&l=c91c675250

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back