Big Bang Theory: Raj's UFO Lamp. Where?

TomGLFan

Regular viewers of CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" may have noticed that Raj Koothrapali has this great UFO table lamp next to the couch in his apartment. Does anybody know where the prop department may have come up with this beauty? I've found a number of UFO table lamps, but they're kind of tacky looking -- like with a cow or a police car in the tractor beam or little green men in the windows of the UFO. The one in "Big Band" looks more like a sculpture or a work of art -- you have to look twice to realize it's a UFO hovering.

Anyway, I would love to find one of these! Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

It's featured on Set Decorators Online "Hot off the Set" page right now.
I've checked the reference list of suppliers, no luck. It might be a one-off to make a more subtle version of the "abduction lamp" that is easy to find online.

Set Decorators Online

Thanks, megazone27! If nothing else, you've given me some leads, and a much, much better photo than I had before! Appreciate it.

There's a really neat company called Close Encounters Studios that makes what their site describes as 'creative and thought provoking extraterrestrial gifts that have amazing detail and high quality materials.' Check out the link to see what I mean. Their site says they've had their work displayed on The Big Bang Theory but I'm not sure if it's the same piece you're talking about. I found their web site after a Google search revealed their studio's information on the "Talk UFOs" forum.

I'm convinced it's not an off-the shelf lamp. I've been looking for it for two years and I haven't come close. :unsure

I know exactly the lamp that you are asking about. About 10 years ago I found this lamp on the website of an art gallery in Europe as an item for sale. It is not a one-off as others suggest. I really wanted one of these lamps, however, they were no longer available when I inquired about it. I still have a photo of this lamp on my bulletin board hoping that someday I could find one.

Well imagine that! . . . I still have the email that i sent in 2000 inquiring about the lamp. It is called Compulsion Gallery in the U.K.

I recently watched The Ring Two, and I then watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory, whilst watching The Ring Two I noticed that the boy had a really cool UFO lamp on the table next to his bed, then when watching The Big Bang Theory I straight away noticed that the UFO lamp Raj has is exactly the same as the one on The Ring Two, you dont even have to look closely to realise that there exactly the same lamp.

ufolamp_zps67b5c8f1.jpg

Maybe if people can pool as mant pics as possible together someone here could whip one up. I've seen more complex items built off of less reference just browsing through threads.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back