bfs95 Halo 4 master chief WIP *First Build*

bfs95

Hey rpf, i have been lurking around on the forums, and i have decided to start my first build. I have started my build already, and here are my current progress pics. I hope you guys enjoy, i will post as often as i can. I have started my helmet bondo phase, and i am in the process of casting my handplate to make the other.
Helmet:pepakura

Resin coated:

Bondo started:

Handplates:

Thanks for looking, cheers
Benjamin

Out of curiosity, why didn't you just make rondo and use that instead off doing the reason and bondo in separate layers? I am also pretty new to prop making, so maybe I just haven't heard of this technique :)

Out of curiosity, why didn't you just make rondo and use that instead off doing the reason and bondo in separate layers? I am also pretty new to prop making, so maybe I just haven't heard of this technique :)
the thingis, is that i mainly use a non toxic resin that doesnt make rondo, so thats why i cant do rondo, i use aqua resin and it has a fiberglass substitute.

Hmm... With all the bondo you put on your helmet, it's going to be a lot of sanding and unnecessary sculpting...

Did you start out on card stock?

Hmm... With all the bondo you put on your helmet, it's going to be a lot of sanding and unnecessary sculpting...

Did you start out on card stock?
Yes, i started on cardstock, and i have a lot of bondo because the resin has problematic bonding issues with bondo, so i need a large amount so that it doesnt come off.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back