Limited Run New Run - Romulan Ale - Beware of Romulans Bearing Gifts

Speedy recovery! Hope its mild for you.

Just an update, mine showed up! Tracking still shows nothing, but it did arrive. I wont have an opportunity to really open it up or look closely until I get home from work, but its here and the box looks secure and intact. Thank you!

I don't know if you guys heard but romulan ale actually cures covid. So our fellow prop builder here should be in really good shape right now. I'm with the other guy so how are you doing?

I was unaware of the healing powers of Romulan Ale. I drank 2 bottles last night and feel 20 years younger now. Thanks for the heads up. Btw, Blue Curacao is just gross imho. I think my decanter will just be vodka and blue food coloring. Lol.

Non-joke covid related: get vaccinated. Covid sucks, I was vaccinated and it still sucks. It's not bad just persistent and I don't want to know what it would have been like without the vaccine.

Lastly, I worked on 6 bottles this weekend so the next 6 people should be getting tracking information soon.

I just squeaked into this first run, and like others waiting patiently for the bottle, but question for any one that received yours already, have you tried putting liquid in this? Was thinking of filling with Blue mouth wash to use as a mouth wash decanter? Does it seem like you could actually use it?

I just squeaked into this first run, and like others waiting patiently for the bottle, but question for any one that received yours already, have you tried putting liquid in this? Was thinking of filling with Blue mouth wash to use as a mouth wash decanter? Does it seem like you could actually use it?
I don’t recommend using mouth wash with acrylic parts that have been joined by an adhesive; ask any one of us who have used mouth wash in sealed acrylic hypospray vials…

The alcohol in the mouth wash appears to break down the adhesive bond, over time, resulting in leakage.

I don’t recommend using mouth wash with acrylic parts that have been joined by an adhesive; ask any one of us who have used mouth wash in sealed acrylic hypospray vials…

The alcohol in the mouth wash appears to break down the adhesive bond, over time, resulting in leakage.

Good to know thanks

I agree with ALLEY here. I'd go with water/food coloring if you want it to have liquid. One thing of note, I've been cleaning them before I send them with glass cleaner (which happens to be blue). In one of them I left the glass cleaner in for days. When I emptied it out I noticed some of kind of gelled on the bottom. I'm not sure why. I was thinking maybe I started to clean it to quickly before the bond was hardened. It didn't leak, which was good.

I've also ran three through the dishwasher now. Of the three two were fine, but on one the heat of the dishwasher messed with the bond of the top that was fastened to the bottle. I think since the surface area is so small on that juncture and the top is heavy the heat loosened it. I would not recommend a dishwasher.

So you can't store actual alcohol in it ... got it.
So my answer is really, I just don't know. I mean I took one to DragonCon last year and it was my first prototype and I had vodka and Blue Curacao in it for 4 days. Didn't leak and worked just fine. So I just want to be clear on my point: I think if you're at a con or something and want to use it to store your alcoholic beverage or any other drink for that matter, you should fine. If you want to stick it on your shelf and leave it there forever, I wouldn't use alcohol. Hope that helps and clears it up.

Received mine today.

Thanks!

17410362-F9E9-488B-B17A-9E5930ACAAD3.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back