Limited Run New Run - Romulan Ale - Beware of Romulans Bearing Gifts

Here is the vinyl version and frankly my favorite. I really think the vinyl looks great and it has the shine (which I tried to show in the below pics.) But this is the fourth color and tried and the one I think matches.

20211017_215750.jpg 20211017_220846.jpg 20211017_220859.jpg

I also have a regular sticker version. That is, a transparent printed sticker. The problem with this one is it's not fully transparent.

20211017_222033.jpg20211017_221818.jpg

I've tried a few different water proof stickers and they all have these same characteristics.

Well let me know if you like the vinyl version above. Hopefully my pics do it justice. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211017_220846.jpg
    20211017_220846.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • 20211017_220859.jpg
    20211017_220859.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 108
Do you mean that it's any less transparent than on the original prop? Do you have a wider shot of the regular sticker version?
Sorry I did the close up so you could see the cloudiness of it. I'll take a wider shot today for you.

One option is I can send labels with the bottle you can adhere the one you want.

Also, if anyone doesn't like the options presented, has already paid and want a refund just let me know.

Sorry it took me so long to show these options. I've went though several waterproof materials to try and find the best option. One thing of note from the above pics, there will NOT be any air bubbles in stickers lol, I'll definitely smooth them out (you can see one of two in the pics).

It looks good to me. The clear sticker might be "accurate" but it also looks kinda cheap, even on the screen used bottle. The vinyl is much cleaner and the color looks great.

As an aside, would alcohol harm the acrylic?

As an aside, would alcohol harm the acrylic?
No.

Also, I've had a bottle with vodka and Blue Curacao sitting for two months now and the adhesive has held and no issues. This was more of a test for me. To make sure it would hold up. I'm not sure I'd recommend displaying it that way but I can attest that there have been no leaks. I am NOT an expert bottle maker. But I am testing every bottle with water and checking for leaks over a two day period. So I can definitely say the bottles you'll get will be able to hold liquid.

Thinking back to experiences that I have had with various liquids in sealed acrylic tubes (I am thinking about my TOS Hypo vials specifically). Over time, anything with alcohol, such as mouthwash, etc. seemed to eventually weaken the solvent used to seal up the acrylic vial and leak, over time.

Just a thought, but I would consider not displaying actual alcohol in a sealed acrylic decanter.

Last edited:
The gold vinyl looks good to me as well. Just to make sure, is its manufacturer something like Oracal rather than Cricut/Silhouette brand? I’ve found the latter has a tendency to lift, but Oracal is solid.

I’d be ok with the Vintage 2283 decal being on the clear film since the text is so much finer. Not sure it’s possible in the gold vinyl?

One additional question (just because I didn't see it in your pics above) - will you also be adding the 'Vintage 2283' label in vinyl?

Thanks! These are looking so good!

bjjensen
That will probably be the transparent sticker. Doubt my cutter is going to cut that small.

The gold vinyl looks good to me as well. Just to make sure, is its manufacturer something like Oracal rather than Cricut/Silhouette brand? I’ve found the latter has a tendency to lift, but Oracal is solid.

I’d be ok with the Vintage 2283 decal being on the clear film since the text is so much finer. Not sure it’s possible in the gold vinyl?
The brand on the label is "Craftables".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back