Bevel Cutting Tools and V-Cuts

cadcoke5

I have seen this type of tool discussed on other threads. It is a device that holds a blade at an angle, and at a specific depth. E.g. the Logan Foam Werks Foam Cutting Tool, Straight/Bevel. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JSQX3K?tag=viglink24699-20

There are a couple of issues I am hoping to find solutions for. The first is that tools all seem to take a blade that is not as widely available as the ones used in box cutters. So, ideally the tool would use the more common type of blade. I've seen the recommendation to simply sharpen blades, but since this type of tool would require that the blade be removed first, I am guessing that a bunch of cheap blades would be a better choice.

The 2nd related topic, is in regards to V-grooves. The reason I am wanting this, is that I will be teaching a workshop to construct a puppet, where a lot of the cuts will be these V-grooves. So, these will be novices, and a tool like this should make things go much faster and with better results.

So, ideally, I would find or make a tool that takes standard box cutting blades, and will hold two blades to be able to cut a V-groove. I suspect that there is nothing available commercially, so I am likely to have to make it myself. I imagine it may be very much like a single edge bevel cutter, but have two blades, one after another. Has anyone seen such a DIY device, that I can use to guide me?

Thanks for any input.

-Joe

I imagine I may do that. But bare blades are a bit more dangerous to sharpen, than the kind that you can sharpen while they are in the holder. And these types of blades are fairly cheap anyway. Perhaps I can find a way to sharpen them in the holder. But I don't do this often enough to warrant a lot of investigation.

-Joe

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back