Bestest clay to use??

Kingrichard

Hi guys, just querying whats the best clay to use that doesnt crack and is easy to use to sculpt a pred face on mannequin??? And also how do and where do i even begin on building a bio and again whats best to use? Thanks all

Hi guys, just querying whats the best clay to use that doesnt crack and is easy to use to sculpt a pred face on mannequin??? And also how do and where do i even begin on building a bio and again whats best to use? Thanks all

I have heard that klean klay is a good clay to sculpt with, I have heard that it doesn't dry (or at least dry very quickly). As for the bio, I am unsure. There are a few threads that can answer these questions. People have made various threads about how they've made their masks, bio etc in different styles and techniques from as simple as cardboard or foam to resin or latex. Use the search bar and see what you can find.

Any Oil based clay would let you work for days and months. Keep it away from the sun and cover it with clean plastic wrap if u gonna take long breaks.
Oil based clay like chavant comes in several hardness. The best one is the one u feel you can move the clay with your fingers with ease and be able to work instantly
without heating it to soften it etc. Clay with more wax content in it will be harder and be able to sculpt the tiniest details. Those are also more expensive.

So its all about application.

Monster makers new elastic clay is awesome ..I highy suggest using it ..it is a non sulfer clay that sculpts like WED ..it is toally re-usable and can be melted in its own tray

heres a product link

http://www.monstermakers.com/product/monst...mium-grade-html

I have some small samples of that stuff, but never used it for anything. seems rubbery kinda. i should do something small with it. i may have to change out my clay if i like it. im using their other stuff ATM

Here's a thread discussing different clays, prices, etc. I've been using Van Aiken clay from hobby lobby but it's a bit soft. Good for larger projects that don't need massive amounts of detail.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back