Best X-Wing Helmets in the UK

ollyhills

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So who in the UK are people turning to for X-Wing helmet kits? I was hoping to go with RS but was given a great big narp (for reasons I don't fully understand). Who else do we have around here that's making nice and accurate kits?

So who in the UK are people turning to for X-Wing helmet kits? I was hoping to go with RS but was given a great big narp (for reasons I don't fully understand). Who else do we have around here that's making nice and accurate kits?
That's bizarre you should get a 'narp' for the guys at R.S - Rob and Si at said studios are all about getting it right, proper found parts, bought originals to copy, you name it, they do it to get it right...the only problem would be availability

I’ve got several X wing helmets from RS and in my opinion they can’t be beaten for customer service, quality of parts, assembly and standard of finish. They look like they’ve just come off the set.

I’ve got several X wing helmets from RS and in my opinion they can’t be beaten for customer service, quality of parts, assembly and standard of finish. They look like they’ve just come off the set.
I would’ve gone with RS in a heartbeat, but like I say, they won’t sell them in kit form (after Simon himself told me they did). Apparently something to do with recasting, despite the fact that they sell tie helmet kits...

I dunno, I just don’t think they’re at all interested in selling kits anymore, maybe because they can’t make as much on them. Seems a bit dumb tho, like how long does it take to go quickly vac form up a kit and package it and send it out. Easy money

Do they ever revisit past runs? Any chance RS does the xwing helmets again? I’d be all in.
You can pretty much commission them to do any X Wing helmet, whether previously offered or not.
People on here have posted pictures of some of the less well known versions that RS have produced on request.
Only difference is, the initial runs came as Signature editions which came with plaques and stands.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back