Best way to reform a fiberglass bio helmet????

JaggerWolf

Ok so I got a nice package today - 8 Bio Helmets, now most of them look great - not the greatest paint jobs but I can fix that, one of the bios took some major shipping damage, again fixable - The main problem is that two of the bio's almost seem flat??? and the Gort bio one side seems to be bent inward quite a bit.

Is there a way to reform these? I believe I heard somewhere you could use a heat gun to make them pliable enough to bend them slowly back into shape - I just wanted to get some advice before giving it a shot.

Any advice will be appreciated

Yes, you can do that. I've also heard of people holding resin in boiling water if you have a pot large enough, and that will soften it. Here's the important bit: DO NOT FORCE IT. I've heated resin up to where it reshapes pretty easily (It also depends on the resin, some have higher heat tolerances than others). However in all cases, if it feels like it is resisting, do not simply force it more, because it will snap and you'll feel like a tit. You'll probably also want a thick pair of leather gloves or similar, because that resin will be pretty damn hot.

Thanks for confirming this Hez - one of them is seriously almost flat hahahaha

Yes, you can do that. I've also heard of people holding resin in boiling water if you have a pot large enough, and that will soften it. Here's the important bit: DO NOT FORCE IT. I've heated resin up to where it reshapes pretty easily (It also depends on the resin, some have higher heat tolerances than others). However in all cases, if it feels like it is resisting, do not simply force it more, because it will snap and you'll feel like a tit. You'll probably also want a thick pair of leather gloves or similar, because that resin will be pretty damn hot.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back