BEST WAY TO MAKE GOOD DREADS

thirdwatch

Hi everybody i am looking to make great dreads, i have a raw P1 mask at the moment and want to paint it and give it great dreads. I have experimented a bit with foam but they dont move or look the best.
Is there any videos of how to make latex ones etc on here or can someone point me in the right direction.

P.S i dont like the foam or backer rod dreads but any tips would be greatful,thankyou.

I made mine from rope and tape.

I took some 3mm thickness rope from B&Q which is a UK store it cost me like £2 i think for like 15 meters so i got 6 lots.

To get the thickness i wanted i used 3 sets and wrapped them together with black gaffer tape, i then burnt the edges together so that they wouldn't fall apart. To finish off the look i added white electric tape and different points so it looked like the toggles but you can find anything to do that, mine i had to do quick as it was for a fancy dress do.

20101108_001.jpg

And then i just added more and cut them down to size.

20101109_001.jpg

Hope it helps....

This is a great Huntorial! What kind of foam is that? Is it just a roll of foamies?

Hi torredator
I picked up the roll at the dollar store for $4. Canadian 6' long and 3' wide They are called yoga matts very lite easy to work with!
This is what they look like on my BobBagy P1 Head

ok cool, would a foamies sheet have the same effect?
could you post a video of the dreads in action on the mask!
Hi torredator
I picked up the roll at the dollar store for $4. Canadian 6' long and 3' wide They are called yoga matts very lite easy to work with!
This is what they look like on my BobBagy P1 Head

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back