Best way to attach fabric to spandex?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CheggyChonkers

Hey all. I've been making a Batsuit for the past few months now, and I'm at the point where I need to attach the bat symbol. The main suit is made of spandex, so I'm hesitant to just jump in with attaching the symbol. What'd be the best way to attach the fabric symbol to the spandex?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

harmfulAdam

Hey all. I've been making a Batsuit for the past few months now, and I'm at the point where I need to attach the bat symbol. The main suit is made of spandex, so I'm hesitant to just jump in with attaching the symbol. What'd be the best way to attach the fabric symbol to the spandex?
I've attached a lot of soles to Spider suits which I'd assume is a pretty comparable beast.
One way is to use E3000 and leave it on for hours while is drys. I've had good success with contact cement (Barge is a favourite amongst many).

It'll be best with two people. You wear while they apply. Do a test run of where you want your logo, outline with a dry erase marker, then paint the logo and your suit (in the lines) with cement, then apply as the instructions direct, usually when you can touch a piece of paper to them and they don't stick. You've only got one shot at it though so take your time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.