BEST ... SPINNER ... EVER!!!!

MattMunson

Master Member
I have the very good fortune to have some friends who work full time in the film industry. Combine that with my unstoppable charm, and I managed to coerce one of them into doing a PHENOMENAL build up of a japanese spinner kit for me.

I am TRULY shocked at how well it turned out. Not shocked becuase I didn't think he could do it, but shocked because I didn't know one of these kits could look soo good...

spinner1_b.jpg

These pictures (Despite the fact that they look great..) do not do the piece justice. There is so much detail, shading, and beauty in the thing that just doesn't come through in the pics. Paint chips, shading, detailing. It's just nuts.

spinner6_b.jpg

A few more pictures and a write up can be found on my website:
http://www.mattmunson.com/props/blade_runn...nner/index.html

That looks absolutely amazing, Matt.. :eek

I had the honor to build one of those kits for a fellow board member over the holiday break am hoping that the finishing work looks as nice as yours. For lack of a better description, it is very teeny-weeny, extremely detailed, and easy to dry fit. Cutting the canopy is a bit frightening but, all turned out well.

IIRC, this was cast from one of the BG wide angle miniatures. It is an incredible piece for any BR collection. Take my words for what they are worth. I've only studied this prop a little....

tech3.jpg

...btw, this illuminated technical illustration dates around 2001. ;)

It's against the rules to post pictures like this unless first shipping the actual item to the RPF Forum Manager.

I will ignore the oversight this one time provided the above Spinner is overnited to me immediately.

I'm sorry - it's on it's way.

Originally posted by Jedirick@Feb 27 2006, 03:59 AM
It's against the rules to post pictures like this unless first shipping the actual item to the RPF Forum Manager.

I will ignore the oversight this one time provided the above Spinner is overnited to me immediately.
[snapback]1194430[/snapback]​

Very very nice replica of the 1/4 hero model. The color looks almost spot on. And the general shapes are correct, that is quite rare. Congrats to your friend.

Could you please share more pics with us of that amazing build up?

Originally posted by MattMunson@Feb 26 2006, 04:06 PM
HOLY CRAP DUDE.

That thing is amazing. Tell your friend that he's one talented mofo.
[snapback]1194172[/snapback]​

Holy frakking @#$%..

the first model is stunning

the second is incredible.

So who here is hiding the full sized one?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back