Best Solo The Force Awakens Jacket?

Just want to chime in and say the Musterbrand version is not the answer. I found the leather to feel too thin; I was worried it would tear at the first snag so I sent it back (at my expense, BTW, despite their 100% money back guarantee). Also they used velcro squares where the magnets should go, and I thought it made it look cheap (not to mention the velcro didn't really work, though the jacket did have a front zipper).

Here's another twist on the question...
Is the TFA Solo jacket too "over-designed" for real world use?
In my eye, it is basically a mash up of a cafe racer style motor cycle jacket, and a tactical vest.
Do all the additional pockets scream "Sci-fi geek"...?

I have the Magnoli jacket and its impeccably created and I have often wondered the same thing. I don't wear it often but when I do its considered a very stylish (albeit different) designer jacket - just so long as the silver rods aren't in the loops.
The empty loops can a bit of a puzzle I assume but I have never been asked about them which would imply that without the rods, the jacket is accepted as a quirky, stylish piece of clothing

I have the Magnoli jacket and its impeccably created and I have often wondered the same thing. I don't wear it often but when I do its considered a very stylish (albeit different) designer jacket - just so long as the silver rods aren't in the loops.
The empty loops can a bit of a puzzle I assume but I have never been asked about them which would imply that without the rods, the jacket is accepted as a quirky, stylish piece of clothing

I think I read you loud and clear...

Granted the copy a person has is a quality garment, I think only those that would recognize what it is are our fellow brethren. To non-SW / TFA fans, it would fit your description perfectly.

Thanks for your feedback / input...

I bought the Solo TFA leather jacket from Fanjackets.com. I'm 100% satisfied with the purchase. Honestly, I expected to pay a lot more for one. It's not 100% screen accurate of course. It's brown color isn't black either. The long side pockets accordions are a little large, and the lower magnetic button is not larger than the others.

They claim fast shipping, although it took a full 7 business days for it to leave Pakistan and another 4 business days to arrive DHL. $128 Delivered ($10 Discount applied at purchase)

For what I paid I'm totally happy with it. The fit is pretty good, although the sleeves are long on me by about 2 in. I have a 50 yr old bod and my girth dictated I purchase a larger size than I normally would to fit my adequate middle.

I made a set of Greebles for it
Solo TFA Jacket Greebles

fullsizeoutput_307f.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back