Best Raiders Fertility Idol.. Questions!

If it is who I think it is, it will be another work of Art from him! :thumbsup

Yep, you're digging in the right place! Think i need to find a third job to keep up with these amazing offerings.
Heres a pic of my idol, was expensive, but its a very important prop for me. There are very minimal degassing bubbles, so maybe from the third run 20140917_101133.jpg

I've been waiting years for the ultimate SA Idol/Idols......

I ended up selling my Gobler a few years ago which was no easy choice, but I had to put the funds back in the bank ready for what I am hoping will top the Gobler Idol.

Hopefully your wait will be over with pics of this new one:cool

Your Prop Store Idol replica has to be without a doubt one of the best replicas I have ever seen. What more can I say.....

Regards,

Andy

To date the Gobler Idol is still my favourite, but I would dispute it was cast from a Hero Idol from all the research done. I am not taking away anything from this idol, but I seriously do not believe there has ever been a cast made from the Hero Pedestal Idol or the Belloq Idol, that has publicly been made available. I believe all idols that have always been made available have come from the Stunt Idol.

That is true, the Gobler idol required that he resculpt the eyes, nose and mouth, which he has said.

GeordieIndy said:
To date the Gobler Idol is still my favourite, but I would dispute it was cast from a Hero Idol from all the research done. I am not taking away anything from this idol, but I seriously do not believe there has ever been a cast made from the Hero Pedestal Idol or the Belloq Idol, that has publicly been made available. I believe all idols that have always been made available have come from the Stunt Idol.

There was at least one cast made directly from one of them (can't recall which one though) that was kept at a well known ILM'rs workstation. That idol was then recast by a new ILM staffer and those copies were given away to friends which in turn ended up out in the wild.

Its on this recast version that many others was based, remodelled due to the loss of detail - through the many recasts - and interestingly, one of them (painted a chocolate brown) is kept in one of the offices in the Archive building for its novelty value..

Regards
MARK

Last edited:
When looking at the Stunt Idol with the turned down mouth, the babies face appears larger with a slightly larger nose and fatter lips. Many of the casts out there that became available appear to have these same features. There are a few other idols out there with different baby faces that have maybe been cleaned up or remodelled.

Then looking at the Hero Idols; the Pedestal Idol and the Belloq Idol/Prop Store Idol, the baby faces appear generally smaller with smaller features.

The Stunt Idol in the Lucasfilm cabinet, I have never seen a clear picture of that Idols baby face, so can't comment on that particular idol.

I remember speaking to Brandon Alinger from the Prop Store, if I remember correctly what he was telling me, he was also under the impression that all the idol casts out there that have publicly been available for sale probably came from the Stunt Idol.

But I am always very interested to learn more of the history of these props in case what I think I know is untrue.....

Here are a few photos below to compare the baby face on the Stunt, Pedestal and the Prop Store Idol.

2_1.png

3_1.png

4_1.png

5_2.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

Regards,

Andy

Sorry for the small thumbnail images. Can't seem to post bigger pictures from my photobucket.

Last edited:
My fiancé and I are working on an original sculpt of the Fertility Idol for our wedding reception. Going to get it as SA as possible with the Hero/Pedestal Version. Will post a pic of the finished piece, or progress pics too if you guys would like. Or I can start a new thread if that's more appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fiancé and I are working on an original sculpt of the Fertility Idol for our wedding reception. Going to get it as SA as possible with the Hero/Pedestal Version. Will post a pic of the finished piece, or progress pics too if you guys would like. Or I can start a new thread if that's more appropriate.

You should definitely set up a new thread to show us your progress! Good luck with your idol!

Regards,

Andy

You should definitely set up a new thread to show us your progress! Good luck with your idol!

Regards,

Andy

Will do, and thanks for the encouragement. We're both perfectionists, but, in true "Raiders" fashion, I want to knock it out quick and dirty in time for the 18th! [emoji23]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back