Best Raiders Fertility Idol.. Questions!

Just for the sake of reference, here are some pictures of my glass-eyed 'STELTER CREATIVE' Fertility Idol that I purchased from Jeffrey Stelter earlier this year, (alongside a couple of Movie Screencaps of the Original Hero-Idol for comparison.)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.png

image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg

Very interesting thread here. The Idol still amazes people after all these years and runs.

That it does. I remember being obsessed with it and wanting one since I was about 8 (first time watching raiders)

That thing represents everything we got into prop collecting for in the first place.

This ^^^^

Just for the sake of reference, here are some pictures of my glass-eyed 'STELTER CREATIVE' Fertility Idol that I purchased from Jeffrey Stelter earlier this year, (alongside a couple of Movie Screencaps of the Original Hero-Idol for comparison.)

View attachment 690474 View attachment 690475 View attachment 690476 View attachment 690477

View attachment 690478 View attachment 690479 View attachment 690480 View attachment 690481

Wow! He made a very nice copy.

I thought that the sskunky run, with the glass eyes and removable hair plate, was also connected to a screen used idol?
There are a lot of rpf versions to keep track of tho, and I've owned a few!

I thought that the sskunky run, with the glass eyes and removable hair plate, was also connected to a screen used idol?
There are a lot of rpf versions to keep track of tho, and I've owned a few!

I believe it is but I also heard it's partially resculpted and also smaller than the Gobler.

Jedifyfe you mentioned that one thing most get wrong is the baby face- could you possibly link me to photos or post some of what the baby face should/shouldn't look like? Or is this something that I could easily find?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, would anyone like to bring forward some pictures of the sskunky idol, along with confirmation of it's origins?

Here's my sskunky idol. Please pardon the "googly eyes" look - the idols shipped with the eyes separate... it was up to the recipients to install them. Obviously I didn't get them 100% correctly aligned - they fit kinda' snug in their sockets and I never did get around to knocking them back out to try again. One of these days...

idol01.jpg

My understanding at the time was that the adjustments were made to the mouth to bring it closer to the shape of the hero idol.

And here's a close-up of the baby face for ya...

idol02.jpg

Hi
I'm here.
Our idol came from an industry prop maker and he got it out a mould at a studio. The original we got was a cast of the idol known as the Hata idol that was a) put on the after wraps tables as a centre piece b) used in the LFL Archives book and was on display at exhibitions.
We did two versions. As found Hata which was all one piece and a screen accurate version with removable hair with eyes and less of a grimacing mouth.

Last edited:
I'm seeing major differences in the mouth on that Stelter idol compared to the screen idol you are comparing it to. Nice but not really accurate. There are so many out there.
I have permission from Gobler to mould and cast his idol. But even the Gobler needs work done to it to make it perfect. The baby in particular.
Here are some pics of the Ines we did some years back.
fb1ad5c578ba7bfbc75d65f10db805a0.jpg
31db5aa7a7bfa0d68769a3645c03d948.jpg
4e6f0ee71844acc9bcd1c2cd152942fe.jpg
03923b9e4e648a4b4d693828531b2f92.jpg
3bfb347185d4405d2d13484f02e32cfb.jpg
c0b4d1c90d57674c73b80fc43fd3652a.jpg
766cdc5dc077425579dd88ef889674dd.jpg
b4003d3277d5d24f6654d7e8f6f75509.jpg
84c79751e8a08b1c14c92fcf0d18fd07.jpg
37f5905e30fa491bad4f5981d2ee7b20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply amazing work!! If someone doesn't mind, could you post a picture of what an accurate baby face should look like? Even when comparing the ones on the above pictures to the SU idol, I'm having a hard time finding differences.. kind of embarrassing but oh well lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my sskunky idol. Please pardon the "googly eyes" look - the idols shipped with the eyes separate... it was up to the recipients to install them. Obviously I didn't get them 100% correctly aligned - they fit kinda' snug in their sockets and I never did get around to knocking them back out to try again. One of these days...

View attachment 690648

My understanding at the time was that the adjustments were made to the mouth to bring it closer to the shape of the hero idol.

And here's a close-up of the baby face for ya...

View attachment 690649

thank you. So is this an accurate or inaccurate baby face?

So let me get this straight... the size of the actual idol is about 8"? I printed one to scale and included a tape measurer and my hand for reference. It just seems so... small? I guess I pictured it being much bigger in my head..

7EBABF40-AFD3-4B7B-BFF5-2C6E5EA96637_zpsrmzgszef.jpg

@NBStudios

Depends on how small your head is. Lol.

You can see this in. Bellows hand. It's not that big.

View attachment 690752

I suppose you're right lol. I guess seeing it on the pedestal in front of Indy always made it appear bigger than I thought. I also want to clarify that I wasn't doubting whether or not the real problem was about eight inches high, it just surprised me lol.

For those that know me well, they know the Idol has been, and always will be my favourite prop. I have files of photos of this prop on my computer, from the original props to many of the replicas that have previously been made.

To date the Gobler Idol is still my favourite, but I would dispute it was cast from a Hero Idol from all the research done. I am not taking away anything from this idol, but I seriously do not believe there has ever been a cast made from the Hero Pedestal Idol or the Belloq Idol, that has publicly been made available. I believe all idols that have always been made available have come from the Stunt Idol.

To be clear, I see it as there being two Hero Idols. Those being the Pedestal Idol with moving eyes, and the Belloq Idol which I believe is what is now known as the Prop Store Idol. Then there was the Stunt Idol with the turned down mouth.

In the very near future there will be an offering here from a well respected prop maker, and I am extremely excited to see how his has turned out! I am really hoping it will be the most SA idol offered to date.

Regards,

Andy

If it is who I think it is, it will be another work of Art from him! :thumbsup

in the very near future there will be an offering here from a well respected prop maker, and I am extremely excited to see how his has turned out! I am really hoping it will be the most SA idol offered to date.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back