Best Pulse Rifle

Originally posted by zorg@Jan 6 2006, 03:03 PM
hey rick , i dont know if its the most accurate but the one from monsters in motion looks exellent.

i would order one from them but their customer service is poor to say the least.

check out this review
http://p083.ezboard.com/ftheukproppartyfrm...icID=1567.topic

chris
[snapback]1152254[/snapback]​

Hi Chris - Yeah, I really like that one as well, but the problems most folks have ordering anything from them makes me VERY skittish.

If you're just after my opinion, it's the SD Studios pulse rifle. Hands down the best ever made.

Njc--------------------

Definitely the SD Studios pulse rifle. It used all of the same components as the original props, so unless you have something screen used you can't get any more accurate.

I have the G&P airsoft conversion kit for the Tokyo Marui M1A1, and I love it. Not completely accurate, but nice.

Gratuitous SD showoff!!! Pow!!! :D

Next best thing might be the Monsters in Motion kit since its a partial recast of an SD.

pr2w.jpg

Last edited:
I think that the MIM kit is the best out there right now. I have a few of them available right now since I supplied them with the metal parts and took some kits in as partial payment. I will add an electronic "95" numerical display to the kits I sell for no extra charge, and no waiting :)
The display doesn't count down, but looks cool. Just ask JHusel.

12-04-05-PulseRifleA.jpg

I'm fond of the P&G kit. It's not absolutely accurate, but it's functional. Slap a magazine in the counter goes up to 95, each shot counts down until it hits 00 and if there are any more, starts back at 95 again. Stock slides out (don't put a lot of pressure on it when locked in a slid out position thouhg). The grenade grip slides free, and you can replace the fake shotgun shell with a turned aluminum grenade. :D

Nothing like scrounging up the parts, and doing it yourself.

30.jpg

short that, there is a board member that has a good resin version. I'll let him chime in, as I'm not sure they are still available.

SD STUDIOS.

If anyone says different...they havent seen one in person.

Problem with it, is its TOO accurate.
Made from all the real parts...it weighs a TON.

But so did the firing originals Look at the SHOOTING scenes...they are obviosuly heavy.

Unlike where they run around (non firing) with the foam ones.

I've wanted a PR since Icons made theirs, but I was never able to afford it.

Now that I can, it's hard to find anything to buy (I'm no kit builder, unfortunately, and that seems to be all that's out there).

Need someone to pick up that license again and start producing good replicas for schlubs like me with no assembly skills. :p

The SD pulse rifle is the best hands down. But if you are on a budget or have customs issues with where you live, the MIM kit is a pretty good deal. I'm from Canada and just recieved my MIM kit and it does have some issues. You'll have lots of air holes to fill, flash to remove, warpage to fix, but that being said, it can be made up into a nice piece from what I've seen. There is nothing that you can't fix. The G&P kit + Marui Thompson are about 3 to 4 times the cost of the MIM kit for me here. And yes, there are the customer service issues with MIM. My kit came missing a bunch of parts(some pretty important ones). I emailed them within a day of recieving it(delivered Xmas eve, emailed Boxing Day[26th]). I have recieved and acknowledgement from MIM, but nothing since then. I'm still happy with my kit. It's a reasonable price, and you can do a lot with it. I plan to replace the parts I can with metal ones. Just my 2 cents.
Cheers, Kevin

Originally posted by Jeeves@Jan 6 2006, 02:49 PM
Griefboy. Beautiful color and weathering on your PR.  Best SD I've seen out there.

Gimme.

:)

Raj
[snapback]1152544[/snapback]​

Thanks Raj. Cant take credit for the paint job. It's real Bess Brown paint applied by non other then Dean Dymerski himself. All the nicks and scratches were matched to the film by doing a frame by frame analysis of the Aliens laserdisc. Not allot of DVD's around in 96' :)

Originally posted by nickthsaberman@Jan 6 2006, 08:03 PM
I think that the MIM kit is the best out there right now. I have a few of them available right now since I supplied them with the metal parts and took some kits in as partial payment. I will add an electronic "95" numerical display to the kits I sell for no extra charge, and no waiting :)
The display doesn't count down, but looks cool. Just ask JHusel.
[snapback]1152421[/snapback]​

pm sent :)

Originally posted by Griefboy@Jan 6 2006, 07:51 PM
Gratuitous SD showoff... Pow...  :D

Next best thing might be the Monsters in Motion kit since its a partial recast of an SD.

[snapback]1152412[/snapback]​

does mim have anything thats not been recasted?

Can anyone give more information on the SD pulse rifle.I'd like to know if they are still availble.Thanks :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back