best procedure to make a pred head with moviles jaws?

sulaco

Hi there!
first please forgive my poor english i´m from chile in southamerica, so i´ll try to do my best,

i´m part of this forum sine 2007!!!! but i never post before ¿i think?, i was some kind of learning ghost over all this time... sort of..
so, here is the thing, i'm planning to make my first predator head with the mobile jaws, but i just don´t understand the procedure completly so i figure to do it this way

1.= make a casting of my head in plaster (ultracal)
2.= sculpt a "underskull" with oil based clay, this will be the base for the jaws system and it will be in fiber glass finally
3.= make 2 molds of the head with the underskull, one to obtain the underskull in fiber glass and one to make the pred sculpt on it
4.= over this mold make the final predator face sculpt in oil clay
5.= make a cast of this sculpt in ultracal
6.= obtain the latex mask from this last cast.
7.= put the jaw system on the fiber glass underskull
8.= put the latex mask over the underskull
9.= paint the sh##%t finally.

it this ok!?
why i think i´m making too many molds?

thanks so much for any, ANY help.
i hope this was not posted before.

greetings from the very ass of the world!!!!

... but a very nice ass at the end.

jajaj thanks for the advice guys, i think i did not explain my self, when i mean, i'll make the cast i was refering to the final thing, not the cast, the bust!! yeah! that was the correct word.
but, seriously i did a cast of my head with plaster!!! i used a lot of vaseline over my face, by fortune, or not, i use my hair really short, well, i'm bald so... so, really not a problem at all with the plaster and the face, the key, is the vaseline guys!!, sure a cheap way to make a cast. but the cast with alginate is the best, and that's is what i'm planning to do.

but speaking about my precedure, what do you think guys??

Sit down and start, we will see your Head in a plaster mold ! :D

;) be there, done that.. like i said before, now i'll do it with alginate.

and just for the record, you must do it first with plaster bandages not with the plaster directly in your face, and even yoo can do that, the result is a mold with a lot less of details but a cast of your head, at last,
think in this... when you broke an arm, what is the thing that doctors put on it? plaster... plaster bandages, and,
it will be stick to your arm?, nop! right?.

peace!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back