Best place to buy kits?

PROPper

Hey guy's. I am kind of new to resin kits but not to sculpting or painting or even customizing. I have only found two good sites for Pred kits and lots of them, but I would also like to find a good site that offers more than just anime. I would like things related to horror and movie figures and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a noobish question but I have searched the web high and low. Thanks guys

Kammo

I can get you the contact information for Nightmare Collectibles, who I have worked with extensively and have nothing but good things to say. ...and I'm not the only one.

PM me for the info.

i dont think thats an unreasonable question,

i got into various resin model kits and alot of these "garage" kits are so difficult to find its crazy.

just locating the kits is one thing,affording some of them another.
plus youll run into tons of recasts. ebay is a good place to scope out but you will most likely be getting a recast kit.
some people just want to get a resin kit to build and dont care about where the kit came from so i wont go into that.

also check on the Model and Kitbuilding forums. You never can tell where youll find something

If you guys want original, quality, NON-recast kits you just need to link up with Mark and he can get you what you need. PM me for info.

In the case of guys can't buy in moment when kit run for only 50 cast and when have money to buy the kit are sold out,there are no other way than recast. I don't agree whit this option,but anyone didn't have money anytime to buy the latest kit in the market.
Rick

In the case of guys can't buy in moment when kit run for only 50 cast and when have money to buy the kit are sold out,there are no other way than recast. I don't agree whit this option,but anyone didn't have money anytime to buy the latest kit in the market.
Rick

This is opening up a huge can of worms but the argument you have espoused is a common one to justify buying recasts and remains flawed in my view.

This type of rationalization is what makes the business of recasting continue.

Why do people buy recasts anyway? Because they are CHEAP and they are AVAILABLE. Kit comes out for 300 bucks and you can't afford it. So you go ahead and buy a recast for 50. Or the kit is not available anymore and so you buy a recast of that for 80 bucks.

Well, if everybody did that, there would NEVER be a chance for that original kit to ever be reissued. The profit margin is too narrow for producers as it is for them to overcome recasters.

We don't get whatever we want, whenever we want it. Real life takes precedence. Sometimes we can't afford things we want. I want to drive a Lamborghini Murcielago but since I don't have 300,000 dollars to blow, I don't drive the car. I don't go out and buy a stolen one for 30,000 dollars.

EVERYONE here has missed out on kits because our budget isn't where it needed to be when a real good or rare kit comes out.

Loads of Narin's stuff is gone. Death Warrior, Axertator, Bad Blood, etc. How about WAM's Goblin King? How about the Fewture stuff by Takeya?

That's part of the hobby and it's part of the joy and agony of collecting garage kits. You get great deals and you miss out on great kits sometimes too. There's the thrill of the hunt . . . and the happiness of achieving a goal.

When you support recasters with your hard-earned dollars, you are part of what will KILL this hobby. NO justification or rationalization can change that. If it's too expensive, either save money or don't buy it. This is a HOBBY, it's not food and lodging for your family. If the kit isn't available, just be patient and wait and look for it on the forums or on Ebay and one will turn up eventually. But please don't buy from recasters no how matter how tempting or easy it is to rationalize it.

Sorry for such a heavy first post but God I can't stand the same B.S. arguments over and over and over again for dealing with recasters.

I would totally buy a stolen Murcielago for 30k - I would then resell it, buy a Gallardo and put a down payment on a house, I'd use the left over change to buy a lot of Burger King and become morbidly obese, but girls will still touch my peepee because I drive a Lamborghini.

For real man, I just spent a few minutes checking that site out, what a load of bull ****. Re-casters to the fullest.

Are you kidding???????????????????????

No link to recaster site please

M

no need to be an ******* about it.. There's people on here who don't wanna pay 600 bucks for an unpainted kit, sure these are not genuine But you get them, assemble them and paint them like the real thing for a quarter of the price.. I'm just giving this guy options if he has a budget like alot of collectors do

no need to be an ******* about it.. There's people on here who don't wanna pay 600 bucks for an unpainted kit, sure these are not genuine But you get them, assemble them and paint them like the real thing for a quarter of the price.. I'm just giving this guy options if he has a budget like alot of collectors do

He's not being an ass, he's telling you that's a recasters site...and the Hunters Lair does not support recasters...period!

If you can't afford an original, then wait! One may pop up that you can afford sometime down the road.

And I would be careful calling people on this board derogatory words...just a suggestion.

(y)

He's not being an ass, he's telling you that's a recasters site...and the Hunters Lair does not support recasters...period!

If you can't afford an original, then wait! One may pop up that you can afford sometime down the road.

And I would be careful calling people on this board derogatory words...just a suggestion.

(y)

i didn't call anyone an *******, I said no need to be an ******* about it, as in don't be rude, I didn't know recasters were a big bad issue so I apologise.. I'm not an expert with kits, but when narin releases maybe 50 kits a year and alot of us want to give painting a shot without going to a professional, cheap kits are an easy way to practise on something that doesn't cost 400 bucks and deny someone else the ability to have one.. Either way this thread is a new member asking for advice and I just wanted to give him options and not give him an argument to read..

i didn't call anyone an *******, I said no need to be an ******* about it, as in don't be rude, I didn't know recasters were a big bad issue so I apologise.. I'm not an expert with kits, but when narin releases maybe 50 kits a year and alot of us want to give painting a shot without going to a professional, cheap kits are an easy way to practise on something that doesn't cost 400 bucks and deny someone else the ability to have one.. Either way this thread is a new member asking for advice and I just wanted to give him options and not give him an argument to read..

Then people can practice on cheaper kits that they can afford to begin with, on that note none of Narin's kits, or any of the recent Predator/Alien related kits from other sculptor's fall into the category of beginner's material. Why try to destroy the hobby you're trying to break into from the start?

All a sculptor or a producer has to say is that they've had enough of losing money on getting a kit out and hang it up for good. Then every one gets cheated out of hobby.

Then people can practice on cheaper kits that they can afford to begin with, on that note none of Narin's kits, or any of the recent Predator/Alien related kits from other sculptor's fall into the category of beginner's material. Why try to destroy the hobby you're trying to break into from the start?

All a sculptor or a producer has to say is that they've had enough of losing money on getting a kit out and hang it up for good. Then every one gets cheated out of hobby.

Listen to the man. he's trying to educate you to make an informed decision so we can all enjoy our hobby for years to come. take the time and effort to obtain original kits that you can proudly display as the real deal and you will gain so much more pride and accomplishment. Buy the cheap knock off and every time you walk past the kit you will know you have had a hand in the destruction of the hobby and have put money in the hand of the re-caster that does not give a rats ass about the hobby and this very unique art form we call model kits.

John

To be clear with all !!!

1- I do not belong to this group buying recast OK.
2- I disagree with people who buy recast.
3- And do not justify people who buy recast NEVER!

Those who hold this market are those don't love this hobby And do not care nothing about quality, artist , hobby, and time spend clean,repair, etc, etc of poor copy of the original work etc etc.
As I say I didn't agree!!!

Maybe I can be new to this site, but not in the world of figures
Thanks

Rick

I would totally buy a stolen Murcielago for 30k - I would then resell it, buy a Gallardo and put a down payment on a house, I'd use the left over change to buy a lot of Burger King and become morbidly obese, but girls will still touch my peepee because I drive a Lamborghini.
:mad: :D :eek:

WTF!?!?!?! TOO FUNNY!!!

Also... why would you buy something that is a cheap knock-off? That's like buying a pair of funkified Oakleys at a cigarette store who pass them off as "authentic" (I use this example simply because my wife worked at one of these stores for a while and they did this).

To be blunt... any one who recasts and the ones who buy them should have their hands removed.

lol it's true though, I could be 600 pounds and have nipples the size of Idaho and girls would still be into me because I drive an exotic car. :wub2:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back