Best movie prop collectibles collection archiving software

Pauleysolo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After 30 years of collecting I need to archive and tabulate my prop, wardrobe, and movie memorabilia collections value for insurance and estate planning purposes. Which software do my RPF brethren prefer and why?

Microsoft Excel. You can make a spreadsheet with formulas noting purchase price, current value and projected value, then insert pictures. Insurance companies need to see something physical for insurance purposes and some sort of proof that it belongs to you.

TazMan2000

I work as a personal property appraiser, and I've tried dozens of software packages. I keep going back to Excel, and now, Google Sheets. Literally everything else has too many issues and compromises, or no long term support. I've done archives with 20k+ line items, and for flexibility, portability, and simplicity, you can't beat Excel. If you want something pretty, you can use that data to populate a Word document, or import it into database software.

I wish there was a better answer, but I've yet to see it.

As far as what you need for estate planning and insurance, it depends on the insurance company. Most policies don't cover antiques and collectibles, so you might need a rider or specialized policy. Photos and an inventory are a good start, for high value items, you might need a professional appraiser. It all depends on your company and your policy.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I've been in this biz for a while, and I probably have some answers, or at least know where to find them!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back