Best minimal or no sew Batman Begins cape material

gwylie

Okay I am finding what I thought was gonna be the easiest part of my costume is becoming the hardest. I am looking for the best material to make a good cape from for my batman begins costume. I have no sewing skills nor a sewing machine. I may be able to get a little help there but not sure. I am 5ft 8 and am not sure of even a pattern. I'm not sure why I thought the cape would be easy but I've saved that for last and now I am in deep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Grant

Since you have zero sewing skills, the best advice I can give to you is find a person you know who does sew or just spend about $200 on ebay for a well made cape. There are plenty great capes on ebay for sale. No hassle or headaches .

- - - Updated - - -

My cape was a hand me down Darth Vader cape. No Bat scallops but I kind of like it that way. Material flows nice and it a polyester blend I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 91
From what I remember, the Batman Begins capes were flocked parachute silk. So they looked like they had the texture of a short-pile velvet, but with the flow of a really lightweight fabric.

But since you're going the no-sew route, I'd suggest scouring ebay for width of fabric. You'll need something at least 150cm/60" wide, and with a nice matt black finish. I'd probably say ask for samples where you can, to compare your fabrics before buying the 3+ metres you'll need. I used a velour fabric for my first Nolanverse cape, and it held up ok.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back