Best Maul mask?

Starkiller

IÂ’m preparing to dress as Darth Maul for Halloween this year. IÂ’ve secured most of what I need for the costume, but I need to make a decision for a mask. I just donÂ’t have the cahonas to shave my head (afraid my hair wont grow backÂ…), so I think a mask would best suit me.
After combing through eBay I noticed that theyÂ’re a few different brands. Can anyone suggest one over the other?
Thanks in advance.

Also would love to see any pics of people dressed as Maul.

Absolutely.

Take the tyme to apply a baldpate and a custom crown of horns if you want to pull of a Darth Maul with some presence. Enlist a friend's help in applying and painting the prosthetics and baldpate.

Dirk, pictured above used a special half pate to cover his top knot.

For more indepth Darth Maul discussion I recommend the 501st's Sith Lord Detachment, Darth Maul Forum

Be well,
Thomas

Hmmm I havenÂ’t thought about a bald cap. IÂ’m sure thatÂ’s the next best thing to actually shaving your head for this costume. Of course I could use thisÂ…

KIDDING..... :p

Shave ur head is much more realistic. :D kidding u dont need to do so but u have to admit that for example the uks garrison maul dont remember his name looks awesome.

<div class='quotetop'>(mattiza @ May 24 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1249848[/snapback]</div>
Shave you head, your hair will grow back.
[/b]

Can you guarantee that? IÂ’ll need that in writing, notarized, and inked in bloodÂ…

I shave my head for Darth Maul, it grows back quick enough.

Anyway the more you shave it, the faster it grows.

Go for it dude. Shave it.

:)

<div class='quotetop'>(mattiza @ May 24 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1249983[/snapback]</div>
If you shave your head I will send you some Maul horns to glue to your head :D
[/b]

That sounds tempting. I did talk my wife into putting on the makeup... errrr applying the tattoo paint.

<div class='quotetop'>(Starkiller @ May 26 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]1251038[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(mattiza @ May 24 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1249983[/snapback]
[/b]

That sounds tempting. I did talk my wife into putting on the makeup... errrr applying the tattoo paint.
[/b][/quote]

I put the red on useing an air brush. Then I free hand the black on. It usually takes me 3-4 hours to apply the make-up. I use the Reel Creations make-up, its a pain to remove, but it will not come off just by rubbing it.

<div class='quotetop'>(mattiza @ May 24 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1249983[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

I'd gladly take somebody up on that offer. I've been wanting to go as Darth Maul
for Halloween for a long time, but have never taken the many steps necessary:

1. Shave Head
2. Find Darth Maul Horns
3. Find good makeup
4. Buy/find good suit
5. Buy/find contact lenses
6. Buy a MR doubl-bladed lightsaber

That is a lot to do for a Halloween costume, but I'd love to do it one day. :unsure

JS :)

[attachmentid=8420][attachmentid=8422]You HAVE to shave the head. Not knocking what others have done but it doesn't have the same feel. You can have a $1000 costume but with a mask or baldcap it looks like a cheap costume. IMHO

If you're afraid to shave it do it in phases like I did. Cut it real short. (a high and tight buzz cut is best.) Then when you get used to it pull out the razer and bic the rest. I was afraid to shave mine for the same reasons and now it's the only way to go. Every now and then I may grow it out but it's usually VERY short.

EM me at bleyd7475@yahoo.com and I'll send you some pix on how I do the makeup. 80-90% of it is airbrushed the rest is brushed on. Red first than black.

Reel Creations is what they used on Ray and is all I'll ever use now. The owners are great to deal with and the makeup is superb. Shipping isn't cheap so if you can find a buddy to pick it up and send it, that's the way to go.

My contact lenses are wild eyes but I may get some new ones as there are newer and better products out there.

Good luck on the costume. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

[attachmentid=8421]

<div class='quotetop'>(abntroop1 @ Jun 15 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1262112[/snapback]</div>
you should just go on ahead and have yourself tattoed red and black. why half @ss it? LMAO..
[/b]

If I could afford that kind of inking I would... J/K...I can see going on a job interview with a face tattoo like Maul. :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back